PDA

View Full Version : Hot Dog and Hamburger Toppings

tbach24
03-05-2005, 01:30 AM
I'm sure that this has been done before, but I am curious to see what others put on their hot dog and hamburgers. This interest developed from this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1859744&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) where people talked about ketchup on hot dogs.

Here's mine:

Hot dog:
Mustard and relish

Hamburger:
Mustard, Pickle/relish, Ketchup, onions.

Also, which is better?

TStoneMBD
03-05-2005, 01:33 AM
im all about the bacon with mushrooms on my burgers. im a plain old mustard guy with my dogs though.

3rdEye
03-05-2005, 01:39 AM
Hotdog: Any combination of mustard, onion, pickle, relish (sweet or dill), sauerkraut, horseradish, chili, and cheese.

Hamburgers are a bit more complicated, because I think you can build a theme around a burger. For instance, you might go with a chili-cheese burger, a pizza burger (mozzarella and pizza sauce), or a BBQ burger (cheese, onion, and BBQ sauce). On a "traditional" burger, I'd probably go with ketchup, mustard, mayo, cheese, lettuce, onion, and tomato (and maybe pickles, but only if they're really good pickles--e.g., Clausens).

tbach24
03-05-2005, 01:40 AM
I never ever had mayo on a burger until I went to Wendy's. I thought it was vile. I hate mayo though. That could be the problem.

3rdEye
03-05-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I never ever had mayo on a burger until I went to Wendy's. I thought it was vile. I hate mayo though. That could be the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like mayo on burgers.

3rdEye
03-05-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im all about the bacon with mushrooms on my burgers. im a plain old mustard guy with my dogs though.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOLY CRAP. How did I forget bacon?

Mushrooms are also a perfectly honorable hamburger topping.

stanky
03-05-2005, 01:58 AM
You ever have a Whopper at BK? It has mayo on it.

tbach24
03-05-2005, 02:00 AM
I had it the other day. I couldn't believe how bad it was. I used to eat the small McD's hamburgers, but now I don't eat fast food.

heavybody
03-05-2005, 02:04 AM
Hot dog: mustard & onions
Hamburger: Catsup,lettuce,onions,& tomatoes

heavily bodied

bholdr
03-05-2005, 02:24 AM
I chit you not. try it and you'll never go back, it's esp good on spicy dogs.

beerbandit
03-05-2005, 11:46 AM
hot dog: ketchup, mustard(regular or brown spicy), relish, chili, cheese

hamburger: ketchup, mustard, mayo, miracle whip, lettuce, tomato, bacon, mushrooms, cheese(any)

patty melts are good

cheers

dabluebery
03-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Hot Dog; Plain.

Hamburger; Cooked RARE, mushrooms, sauteed onions, bacon, cheese, BBQ sauce.

deacsoft
03-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Hot dog: Ketchup and pickles
Hamburger: Ketchup, pickles, and cheese

AEKDBet
03-05-2005, 04:34 PM
hamburger-
1. Ketchup
2. Onions
3. Cheese
4. Mushrooms
5. Onions

Phat Mack
03-05-2005, 05:50 PM
I agree with 3rdEye on hotdogs.

Hamburgers need cheese, jalepenos and onions. The jalepenos must be grilled and put under the cheese; the onions must be grilled and put on top of the cheese. Mustard may be applied.

There is a name for a hamburger with mayo on it. It is called a Sissy Burger.

HDPM
03-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Clearly ketchup is not allowed on hot dogs. Period. Ever.

Mayo is not allowed on either hamburgers or hot dogs.

Hamburgers may have ketchup.

Chili and cheese are not allowed on hot dogs. You can eat a chili size however. The one at Jerry's Nugget in NLV was a gut buster.

Sauerkraut may be allowed if you are eating a hot dog in New York. It of course does not go on the best hot dogs, namely Chicago Vienna Beef hot dogs. Even if allowed it is disgusting.

There, a few easy rules to live by. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CCass
03-05-2005, 11:47 PM
A Hamburger is better. Toppings include cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayonaise. An ocassional pickle is ok. Ketchup will do in a pinch.

Hotdog toppings include ketchup and relish.

SwordFish
03-06-2005, 07:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Clearly ketchup is not allowed on hot dogs. Period. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

Hot Dog: Mustard, Relish, Onion

Hamburger: Steak Sauce, Grilled Onion

SF