PDA

View Full Version : how do you stop being beat?

jaydoggie
03-04-2005, 10:23 PM
stop playing= only answer?

worst losing streak ever. been getting in with the best of it atleast 75% of the time, and usually have 9-13 outs when taking the worst of it. losing every game. havent won in my last 28, one 3rd place finish in my last 20. any advise on how to dodge 2-6 outters? primarily the 2-3 though?

raptor517
03-04-2005, 10:28 PM
welcome to sngs. get used to it, happens all the time. keep playing, you will get through it.

cyorg
03-04-2005, 10:39 PM
"get used to it, happens all the time"

Not to me. Im perfect!

bweiser8311962
03-05-2005, 12:47 AM
I've taken my share of bad beats the last week or so. I wasn't going to post them, but this one really burns me up:

Pocket 5s UTG. I limp. Button raises. I call, someone else calls in MP.

Flop is 5/7/J with 2 diamonds. I go all-in with my set. Get called by someone with A/J. Turn-J. River-A. I don't think I've ever been so frustrated.

Basically, you have to move on to the next tournament. Just writing this has helped me. I know people hate to read bad beat stories, but sometimes you have to tell them to vent.

Good luck.

Creeper_thp
03-05-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any advise on how to dodge 2-6 outters? primarily the 2-3 though?

[/ QUOTE ]

Prayer? Buy my e-book to learn the secrets of Party Poker? Only play bad cards because the games are rigged to reward bad players? Come on, at least post a legitimate bad beat story so you can get yelled at for it.

johnnybeef
03-05-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

stop playing= only answer

[/ QUOTE ]

you are going to get beat as a favorite playing poker...a lot. you cant control it so get over it. the only thing you can control is making better bets than your opponents. focus on what you can control.

edit: this evening i played in a live tourney and lost a set of kings to runner runner flush, kq to kT, and ak to a7. i was frustrated but i gave them all high fives. they all felt terrible for me and i can gaurantee they will remember it and give me pity action the next time i play with them.

Scuba Chuck
03-05-2005, 03:58 AM
What level are you playing? Are you multi-tabling? Talk more about what your setup is.

Then, post a thread showing all your hands beginning at level 4. In the hands that you played, discuss your thoughts after the hand. (And some of the hands that you didn't play, but thought about, post there too.) I would think that if you posted three of these, some posters here would help you tweak your game for the better.

IMO, a serious losing streak MIGHT be due to your game. HH Reviews are a good thing. I think it's smart to keep a file of HHs that you thought you played well. That way you can go back and review what you did when you were playing well.

Finally, if I had to guess you're problem ...You're either too tight, or too aggressive. You want to be just right. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oluwafemi
03-05-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
stop playing= only answer?

worst losing streak ever. been getting in with the best of it atleast 75% of the time, and usually have 9-13 outs when taking the worst of it. losing every game. havent won in my last 28, one 3rd place finish in my last 20. any advise on how to dodge 2-6 outters? primarily the 2-3 though?

[/ QUOTE ]

there are gonna always be people who are gonna play with the worst of it. i just busted out of an 18 player SNG in 5th place to a the 2nd biggest chipstack at the table who mini-raised to 400 [blinds 100/200] out of position, i go over the top all-in with A Ko with around 2.3K he calls. he turns over 10 9 offsuit and of course spikes a 10 and i'm out of the money. his justification for calling: "i thought he was angry from losing the previous hand and thought he was trying to buy the pot".

[key hand: my A J offsuit against a shorterstack with Q Q who also mini-raised and i pushed him all-in preflop]

there's nothing you can do about someone playing the worst of it and coming out on top when the cards bless them. you have no control over that.

Phil Van Sexton
03-05-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
any advise on how to dodge 2-6 outters? primarily the 2-3 though?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a big stack so you still have chips if you lose the hand.

I'm only half kidding.