PDA

View Full Version : UB 40+4 - Call huge overbet?

jong
03-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Hi all,
Its midway through the multi and i have about 9000 in chips, about 10th place of 75 or so remaining (top 20 itm). I limp in MP with AJo for T200 (had raised alot past few orbits, not a play i standardly make but don't mind doing it occasionally either). Two limpers after me including one big stack, and then BB who has about 6000 min raises to 400, we all obviously call. Flop comes A34 rainbow which looks nice but i'm ready to play cautiously and see what BB does, when he pushes all-in for 5600. Is this an easy fold?

ShortBus
03-04-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes A34 rainbow which looks nice but i'm ready to play cautiously and see what BB does, when he pushes all-in for 5600. Is this an easy fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

You say so yourself, you're ready to play cautiously. Given his action you MUST fold here. You have top pair and his actions are showing a better kicker than yours (at least). Fold is a must.

jong
03-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Don't you think though if he had AJ beat he'd be value-betting more rather than trying to push everyone out of the pot?

ShortBus
03-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Maybe, but then again he could have top set and hope that at least ONE of you called with the case ace and calls his bluff. He could also have TPTK (top pair top kicker).

At this point I think you can find much better hands to risk most of your stack on. Your hand isn't great and you have plenty of chips to find a better spot. Let him take it, if he's bluffing. I honestly think he has AK... but that's just my opinion.

What is your read on the player?

jong
03-04-2005, 10:30 PM
I didn't have a read on him before the hand, think i was recently moved to that table, but I always am skeptical of someone who min-raises from the BB vs several limpers.

tiger7210
03-05-2005, 02:15 AM
One rule I never break in a MTT is to never go broke in an unraised pot. For all intents and purposes this is an unraised pot with BB miniraise with 4 to the flop. Unless I flop a huge hand which AJ is not in this case I'm happy to let it go and give him credit for a good bluff into 4 players.

ShortBus
03-05-2005, 02:45 PM
So what did you do Jong? If you don't mind me asking...