PDA

View Full Version : Stupid play of the day. Ughh.... :-)

pokahpro
03-04-2005, 09:11 PM
This was my second hand at the table. I was scared of quad 9s. I didn't realize I held one of them! Yes, I also realize I should have been raising whether I held the 9 or not. :-)

Seems like lately all my monster hands get sucked out by runner runner, hence the caution.

Flame away. :-)

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Omaha/8 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (19 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 9d 8c Tc 6c (High: full house, nines full of tens).
MP1 has 6h 8s 2s 3s (High: straight, ten high).
CO has Js Ts 6s Th (High: full house, tens full of nines).
Hero has 9h Qd 2d Qc (High: full house, queens full of nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 25 BB. </font>

Spladle Master
03-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Seeing this hand made me want to hit you in the face and tell you to stop being such a pussy.

pokahpro
03-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Thanks, I needed that! I was kicking myself in the ass afterwards. Others had a lesser boat and straight, No possible hand could beat me on the turn. Couldn't ask for a more perfect set of circumstances! I could have capped the betting on the turn and river and most would have stayed in.

At least I learned my lesson. I've only been playing poker a little over a month but I'm pretty happy with my play in general. 10+BB/100 for about 5000 hands at micro limits.

gergery
03-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Let’s say for argument’s sake, you didn’t have the 9 in your hand.

Then, if you assume most of your opponents would raise on the turn with any boat, then:

99 can be dealt 1 way
Q9 can be dealt 2 ways
77 dealt 3 ways
97 dealt 6 ways

Therefore, in 11 of 12 times you will be against a boat instead of quads. Even if you only put them on Q9 or 99, you’re ahead 2 of 3 times. Add in some morons raising with A9 or JT8w spades and you are wayyyy ahead.

Raise and get that quad monster out from under the bed!

--Greg

edit - and i would not complete from SB with hand this bad.

Sykes
03-04-2005, 10:18 PM
Fold pre-flop.

pokahpro
03-04-2005, 10:40 PM
Your kidding, right? From the SB? With 8 callers? Normally, I would never see a flop with this hand.

arcticfire
03-04-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your kidding, right? From the SB? With 8 callers? Normally, I would never see a flop with this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you should go with that instinct. Completing a SB bet is still putting your own money in. SB/BB flop see'ers are some of my best contributors. See'ing the flop is like some drug , they suddenly place value on a worthless hand.

Consider it's a 5/10 table not .5/.10. Thats $5 to see a flop for a hand that 99% of the time is going to be worthless.

Just keep it in mind , trips on the flop in limit are the wounderfull hands foolish people piss away their pos EV on. Play them with care , and only with extra pot odds to cover them (like this one). Still the fold preflop is the right move imho.

pokahpro
03-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Thanks, I'll definately take the pre-flop comments into consideration. I probably am playing to many hands from the SB.

What's a good percentage for putting money in the pot from the blinds? I'm at 35/70 for BB/SB over about 5000 hands.
My play has tighten up a bit over the last few thousand, so the numbers are probably really a bit lower.

arcticfire
03-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Well I'll just tell you what I have and you can draw your own conclusion. In the past 971 blinds(both BB/SB) I've seen I have voluntarely put money in 15% of the time.

Nick709
03-05-2005, 02:16 AM
Fold preflop. Barring that, take your skirt off sally.