PDA

View Full Version : Correct to push?

NAU_Player
03-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Villan has made it no secret that will play any two cards, and has been reraising me and the guy on the button all-in since 6 ppl. I havent completed a small blind to him, because I know he's going to raise me. I know he wont call an all-in made by me, so I'm hoping to use his agressiveness against him. Right or wrong with AJo? I figure im in the money, and worst case scenario I finish 4th

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t4080)
BB (t6400)
UTG (t5740)
Button (t3780)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t5550</font>, Hero calls [t3980]

Colombo
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
A tough decision, if you fold, you only lose 150. I would have raised from the SB, just to let him know you have a hand, and show him that you're going to stand up to his bullying. You know he is capable of doing this with any two cards, so he could have anything from 82 to AA with this bet. If you bet to him, he probably wouldn't have gone all in with rubbish.

Anyway, I'd probably call if you feel that a double-up is necessary.

skipperbob
03-04-2005, 08:47 PM
If he will do that "with any 2 cards", then what's the question?...You're a huge fav against a random hand

NAU_Player
03-04-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm just second guessing, because he won with 42o, and I probably could have outlasted the button to 3rd or higher if I had waited

Thanks for the suggestion on raising instead of calling. Im pretty sure I would have been a little better off had I done that /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Colombo
03-04-2005, 08:59 PM
well, raising isn't always a must. If you felt that you needed a double up, and you knew he would go all in with any hand. Then I would just complete and let him put me all in.

ReDeYES88
03-04-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just second guessing, because he won with 42o, and I probably could have outlasted the button to 3rd or higher if I had waited

Thanks for the suggestion on raising instead of calling. Im pretty sure I would have been a little better off had I done that /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise a standard PF raise and play poker.
IMO there is no need to risk your tourney life on a 65/35 edge with your stack and the blinds at 75/150. You have over 27 BBs at this point. Tons of time with little threat.

lastchance
03-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Risking your stack on a 65/35 edge is a GOOD thing. If you win, you get a huge chip lead. You almost always want to risk your stack on a 65/35 edge in a SNG, unless someone is insanely short-stacked, which they aren't.

I think this is a very easy call considering your particular read on the BB.