PDA

View Full Version : TJs - Wait till the turn situation?

JoshuaD
03-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Pretty readless, I had sat down when I was BB, so it's been about 6 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero ????

Call or raise here?

Harv72b
03-04-2005, 07:30 PM
I'd pop a blank turn. There's just too many draws on this board that won't fold no matter when you raise--might as well wait until you have a bigger edge (assuming you're not behind already).

Of course this plan sucks if it's checked to you on said blank turn.

sean c
03-04-2005, 07:39 PM
I think its a flop raise. If your ahead and a blank falls on the turn there is a good chance it will be checked to you and you can't make up the 1.5BB lost on the flop. Almost no way to protect your hand on the turn. If you were on the immediate left of the flop bettor it might change things but you have two in between. Get the bets in now and hope for blanks.

belloc
03-04-2005, 07:41 PM
I think this is a pretty clear call and wait. Bottom two on a coordinated board is real close to the example in Ed's book where he advises just that line. If there are any significant differences between this one and the book hand, I don't see them.

hate
03-04-2005, 08:41 PM
The only differences I see here are you're not protecting anything by raising, and SSHE's example was trying to explain that raising to protect was inferior to waiting for a turn blank.