View Full Version : bad flop for AA

AaronS
03-04-2005, 06:39 PM
$5 sit n go on ultimatebet, 4 players remaining
Hero is in first position w/ 2095 chips
MP w/ 1335 chips
Button has 5220 chips
BB has 1350
(no one posts SB because he busted out on previous hand)
Blinds are 75-150

Hero raises to 300 with Ad, As
MP folds
Button, somewhat loose and aggressive, calls
BB folds

Flop is (Th, Qc, Kc)
Hero bets 300
Button raises to 600
Hero...

I'm especially interested in how you all would play this given the possibility of finishing 4th.

Thanks!

zipppy
03-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Since you started the hand with 1335 chips, and had already committed your half your stack at this point with an overpair, I would typically reraise allin. A loose aggressive big stack in a $5 sng might call a raise and reraise the flop with many hands that you are beating at that point. He may easily have two pair, as well at that point, but if so I believe you still have 9 outs to improve (4 jacks, 2 aces, 3 cards of the non-paired flopped card). I'm a noob, though, so I may be off; it seems to me you're fairly pot committed with an overpair that will often win in this situation.

Daliman
03-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Yer too commited to fold. reraise allin, and you are likely ahead, looking at a J or K. If you were behind, why would he raise you here? Any kind of hand you'd be allin with anyways, plus he has little to worry about with his stack, so I'd take my chances here and likely be happy with the results of the showdown, if not the turn and river.

pokerlaw
03-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Avoid the situation you put yourself in and get your chips in when you know that your aces are good - before the flop. I'd put in half my stack preflop, and push just about any flop if I got called, including this one. But of course that's just me...

Colombo
03-04-2005, 07:57 PM
I'd push, most likely you are ahead, and a J gives you the straight. Theres always the chance that his raise could just be a bluff. The min-raise seems to be used alot as a bluff, just to keep people honest.

Benholio
03-04-2005, 10:07 PM
I would make it 450 pre-flop and autofire on the flop after he calls. At this point, he has 900 chips left and the pot is 900, so he will push or call if he caught any piece of the flop, and possibly even if he didn't. This is an ideal situation for aces, since you will be ahead of him the majority of the time that he flopped something.

callmedonnie
03-05-2005, 01:06 AM
I'd feel pot committed in this spot. But, I would raise more before the flop. If you raise 450 you should probably realize that you are pushing no matter what the flop is. This is a time when since your raise will automatically have you pot committed, should you just move in preflop? I say no as you want action, but that means you must understand you are going all in only in two rounds instead of one.

johnnybeef
03-05-2005, 02:37 AM
easy push...you have way to much equity.

Elem100
03-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Very easy push.

Its interesting you say that, beacuse at the lower levels of ub it seems to me that a min-raise of a material raise (ie not min raise of a small joke bet) nearly always means big hand, especially if its on the turn.