PDA

View Full Version : NFL banned words off back of jerseys

Ricky Slade
03-04-2005, 05:30 PM
The NFL list of 1,159 banned words and phrase not allowed on the back of licensed jerseys.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3438822

any thoughts, which ones do you like the best

wh1t3bread
03-04-2005, 05:33 PM
FLOGGIN THE DOLPHIN

......by far............

Tron
03-04-2005, 05:37 PM
TROJAN — Pure envy since USC could whip the bottom five NFL teams.

Ricky Slade
03-04-2005, 05:40 PM
The full list is at the bottom of this link too,

i like A$$CLOWN, oh course it would be better with NOTALENT infront.

beerbandit
03-04-2005, 05:42 PM
I LOVE BEER -- what

if i saw most of those on a jersey -- i might get a little cramp in my side

ilike these for some reason

PEARL NECKLACE
QUEEF
REAR ENTRY
TIT BIT NIPPLY
WHISKEY DICK

cheers

Tron
03-04-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm pretty excited that "Donkey Punch" isn't banned.

jakethebake
03-04-2005, 05:47 PM
CUMQUAT - Why ban that?

ArchAngel71857
03-04-2005, 05:51 PM
TRISEXUAL — What does this even mean?

-AA

jakethebake
03-04-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TRISEXUAL — What does this even mean? -AA

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the best.

Brainwalter
03-04-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
TRISEXUAL — What does this even mean?

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard it (spoken) in the context, "she'll try anything onve."

Eurotrash
03-04-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

any thoughts, which ones do you like the best

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to go with "FIST [censored]" or "FISTFUCKER" from the official list.

jstnrgrs
03-04-2005, 11:21 PM
"PISSER — Boston fans' No. 1 request."

I've lived in Mass. my whole live, and the only contexts in which I've heard pisser used are:
1) One who pisses.
2) When people are talking about how people from Boston speak.

ucfryan
03-05-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but you know absolutely nothing about football if you think that. There are so many absolutely dominant players at the college level who go on to become either complete busts or role players at the next level. Any given NFL team is comprised of the top 2% of players from college. How many starters from a given team in college actually go on to make it to the pros and be successful? Very VERY few.

The NFL game is quicker, the systems in place are 20x more complex than anything seen in college, which is why most of the time you don't have dominant college guys coming in and making an immediate impact. The guys that do were supreme athletes who have their technique refined for the next level.

But USC beating a pro team? Come on man. Reggie Bush is a tweener RB who's going to have to put on some weight and learn how to run lower to the ground (or he's going to get broke in half) if he's going to be successful at the next level (a lot of guys see him as a Desmond Howard). Matt Leinart is a good QB, but a lot of the passes I saw him throw this year (especially in the Rose Bowl) would've been picked off in the NFL because they hung up in the air too long. They have a couple of guys on defense that are decent-good NFL prospects (Patterson, Bing, Grootegard) and a couple of others that I'm just not thinking about. The rest of their team is young, and the fact that you think basically some high schoolers could come out and beat guys that are faster, stronger, more experienced, and flat out bigger/tougher is extremely laughable.

Tron
03-05-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but you know absolutely nothing about football if you think that. There are so many absolutely dominant players at the college level who go on to become either complete busts or role players at the next level. Any given NFL team is comprised of the top 2% of players from college. How many starters from a given team in college actually go on to make it to the pros and be successful? Very VERY few.

The NFL game is quicker, the systems in place are 20x more complex than anything seen in college, which is why most of the time you don't have dominant college guys coming in and making an immediate impact. The guys that do were supreme athletes who have their technique refined for the next level.

But USC beating a pro team? Come on man. Reggie Bush is a tweener RB who's going to have to put on some weight and learn how to run lower to the ground (or he's going to get broke in half) if he's going to be successful at the next level (a lot of guys see him as a Desmond Howard). Matt Leinart is a good QB, but a lot of the passes I saw him throw this year (especially in the Rose Bowl) would've been picked off in the NFL because they hung up in the air too long. They have a couple of guys on defense that are decent-good NFL prospects (Patterson, Bing, Grootegard) and a couple of others that I'm just not thinking about. The rest of their team is young, and the fact that you think basically some high schoolers could come out and beat guys that are faster, stronger, more experienced, and flat out bigger/tougher is extremely laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you ranting at me, or whoever it was that wrote the original article? Of course I don't think USC could beat any pro team. Nope, not even the 49ers. Still, I found it amusing and pretty sweet that WE'RE SO GOOD someone would write that (even jokingly). So take a deep breath and calm down.

ucfryan
03-05-2005, 03:03 AM
Thought you made the statement, so it's directed at the person who wrote the article (sorry). Never ceases to amaze me how these so called "experts" get jobs as NFL analysts.

StevieG
03-05-2005, 03:47 AM
All on the banned list:

<ul type="square"> 420
4 TWENTY
4TWENTY
FOUR 20
FOUR TWENTY
FOUR20
FOURTWENTY
[/list]

Not on the list, IV XX

How could the people who brought us Superbowl I through XXXIX miss that one?