PDA

View Full Version : SOS Israel

Gamblor
03-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Bush calls for full Syrian Withdrawal from Lebanon by May (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/548114.html)

Lebanese opposition members have asked Israel to encourage the United States to pressure Syria into withdrawing its troops from Lebanon.

In the wake of recent diplomatic activity aimed at getting Syria to withdraw its military forces from Lebanon, a top Syrian envoy headed Friday to Moscow to discuss the step with Russian officials.

Lebanese figures contacted Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz's advisor, Uri Lubrani, among other officials in Jerusalem, and indicated they were determined to keep struggling against the Syrian presence in Lebanon but need American support.
----
Senior officials at the Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's office were in touch with Lebanese leaders even before the current crisis.
----
The Lebanese opposition figures indicated to officials in Jerusalem that they have no claims from Israel whatsoever. They also said they don't understand Hezbollah's insistence to perpetuate conflict over the Shaba Farms. This small area near the Lebanon-Israel border remained in Israeli hand after its withdrawal from the southern Lebanon security zone in 2000.

Isn't it interesting how once a tyranny's grip on an Arab country weakens or is broken, and democracy starts to take hold, one of the first countries that the liberated country contacts is Israel?

Just in case you thought Israel was the problem in this area of the world.

jaxmike
03-04-2005, 05:33 PM
I can't wait for the anti-semetic attacks to start on this.... Go Israel! God bless Lebanon for what they are doing!

Dead
03-04-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait for the anti-semetic attacks to start on this.... Go Israel! God bless Lebanon for what they are doing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bevakasha.

You think all attacks about Israel are anti-semitic?

I take offense to that. I happen to be Jewish and I am allowed to cricitize Israeli military policy.

Anti-Zionism != Anti-semitism.

Clarkmeister
03-04-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, i figure it's the gays. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gamblor
03-04-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, i figure it's the gays. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose it will take a long time to live that down /images/graemlins/frown.gif

FWIW, I maintain that I was misinterpreted.

Gamblor
03-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Anti-Zionism != Anti-semitism

While I agree that military/foreign policy criticism is not necessarily anti-Zionist/anti-semitic, I disagree with this. You don't hold the position that the Irish don't deserve control of their own country, Somalis don't deserve control of their own country, or that the Indians don't deserve control of their own country, why do the Jews not deserve their own country?

Utah
03-04-2005, 11:31 PM
"FWIW, I maintain that I was misinterpreted."

Nah. I think everyone realized you were saying that you are gay /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gamblor
03-04-2005, 11:58 PM
suggest you stick to serious posts.

no, it would not be funny if you replied with "that was a serious post."

Utah
03-05-2005, 12:30 AM
It was not meant to be funny and I was being serious. Now, I dont know if you are gay or not, but that was the first thing I thought when I read your "gay" post and saw the "bangin bitches" tagline. And, to be honest, your touchiness to my last post makes me believe my guess is correct.

btw - I am capable of some awesome humour.

bholdr
03-05-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't hold the position that the Irish don't deserve control of their own country, Somalis don't deserve control of their own country, or that the Indians don't deserve control of their own country, why do the Jews not deserve their own country?

[/ QUOTE ]

...or the palestinians for that matter...

i'm just sayin...

Cyrus
03-05-2005, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it interesting how once a tyranny's grip on an Arab country weakens or is broken, and democracy starts to take hold, one of the first countries that the liberated country contacts is Israel.

[/ QUOTE ]

True Arab Lebanese nationalists hate the guts of Israel - for what it has done to Arabs in general and Palestinians in particular.

Yes, it is true that a significant number of Lebanese want the Syrians out of Bekaa. But the only ones "turning to Israel" are the usual Phalangist creeps, the sons and daughters of the perpetrators of the massacre of Palestinian women, children and old men in the Sabra and Shatila camps, a massacre for which Ariel Sharon bears full responsibility. (I have already mentioned the cosmic joke of having Israeli Jews cozying up to blatant fascists such as the Phalangists! The admirers of Hitler being helped by the children of the Holocaust! Talk about Israel's total moral bankruptsy.)

You would also be surprised at the percentage of Lebanese that would rather have the Syrians staying put! Guess why's that.

Gamblor
03-05-2005, 07:33 AM
So you're willing to put the question to the test as to whether the people who currently call themselves "Palestinians" qualify as a distinct and separate nation (read: ethnicity, i.e. relative to other Arabs) under the standard definition?

Trust me, their supporters don't want you to go there.

Gamblor
03-05-2005, 03:57 PM
I am capable of some awesome humour.

By your logic, your touchiness would indicate that you aren't.

jaxmike
03-07-2005, 01:33 PM
do NOT misunderstand me.

I know that not all attacks on Israel are anti-semitic in nature. I am NOT Jewish, however, I really feel for the Israeli people. I believe they have shown infinite patience and have showed impressive restraint when dealing with all the terror they are exposed to. The fact is, I feel that the EU and the UN have become two of the most profound basitions of anti-semitic talk and action in recent years. I just fully expected there to be a lot of baseless Jew bashing in this thread, that's why I posted what I did. Also, as an aside, I think that a Palestinian state is a good idea, now that the, in my opinion, terrorist Arafat has died it might happen.

jaxmike
03-07-2005, 01:36 PM
this is the Israel bashing I was expecting. i love the blaming of Israel for just about everything... so naieve.

andyfox
03-07-2005, 01:37 PM
From whom did you expect baseless Jew-bashing? And can you give an example of such a post from prior threads?

Dead
03-07-2005, 01:37 PM
You said you expected anti-semitism, not Israel bashing. Israel bashing is fine and allowed. Anti-semitism is frowned upon.

Nothing in Cyrus's post could be construed as anti-semitic. I am a child of the Holocaust and agree with everything he said.

You diminish the real threat of Anti-Semitism when you cry wolf 10 times a day. There are real instances of Anti-Semitiism that need to be examined. The desecrating of Jewish graves in French cemeteries, for example. No one could deny that this is anti-semitic. But when you accuse 5 people a day of anti-semitism then it tends to diminish your arguments.

What if I called Israel an apartheid state? What if I said that I was ashamed that my fellow Jews have forgotten the lessons of 60 years ago and that it is shameful that they are treating the Palestinians like the Nazis treated them in 1940.

Would you consider that anti-semitic, coming from a Jew? Hint: it's not.

And I'm not saying I believe anything above. I'm just saying that you need to look up anti-semitism in the dictionary.

jaxmike
03-07-2005, 01:40 PM
i am not even talking about on this site.

jaxmike
03-07-2005, 01:41 PM
notice I didnt call it anti-semitic for a reason. but it was baseless and incorrect bashing of Israel.

Dead
03-07-2005, 01:42 PM
jaxmike quote:

[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait for the anti-semetic attacks to start on this

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you aren't. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Admit it. You were talking about on this site. That is where you posted it, after all.

jaxmike
03-07-2005, 01:46 PM
i didnt mean that there had been a history of anti-semitic posts on this site. i meant that i fully expected them due to all the anti-semitic nonsense i hear out of the UN, EU, and network media in the US.