PDA

View Full Version : Reasonable line?

Zele
03-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

freehat
03-04-2005, 05:24 PM
I'd prefer rasing the flop, don't let those behind you peel one with their qj or j10, for just one bet, gotta protect your hand.

CanKid
03-04-2005, 05:31 PM
I don't get why you didn't raise the flop, can you share your thoughts?

MAxx
03-04-2005, 05:33 PM
looks reasonable to me.

i would have raised the flop...but i can see raising that turn as an even better play sometimes.

getting 3-bet here sucks and would take me by surprise in most cases, but to varying degrees based on player reads.

it would be hard to tell here if he put me on a draw, or if he was on a draw and picked up more outs or if he had a made hand or what.

Zele
03-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Raising the flop was definitely my first thought, but I chose not to because:

1/ The pot is so small that I don't really care about free cards.

2/ Most of these players are pot-size insensitive, and will call two bets with any two overcards.

3/ I get to see if anyone raises behind on the flop. If not and I like the turn, I can knock people out who would otherwise call one bet.

Chobohoya
03-04-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising the flop was definitely my first thought, but I chose not to because:

1/ The pot is so small that I don't really care about free cards.

2/ Most of these players are pot-size insensitive, and will call two bets with any two overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't these reasons to raise the flop?

Trix
03-04-2005, 08:05 PM
It sucks imo.

The pot is 5 SBs, so you can easily protect your hand that will be best very often by raising it right there. When you call, you offer correct odds to people with hands like JT etc that probably otherwise would have folded(correctly), but might have coldcalled(incorrectly).

wjmooner
03-04-2005, 08:48 PM
I don't think most players, even bad ones, are willing to call two bets cold with K8 or J9 when it's two bets to them. Raise and get that heads up.

You probably have the best hand, raise and find out.

WJ

Zele
03-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I think I fell victim to FPS.

According to Pokerstove, My equity is &gt; 50% against 3 players with random broadway cards.

Small pot = value bet city, not protection at all costs.

Thanks, all.