PDA

View Full Version : A6s fold turn?

QTip
03-04-2005, 04:37 PM
I really think I butchered this hand...The PF limp was ill adviced as this game was quite aggressive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

JoshuaD
03-04-2005, 04:39 PM
I really don't like the PF limp, especially in an aggressive game. I fold there.

After that, I think a call/call/call line is best. You're either way ahead or way behind. Let the KQ, QQ, KK, JJ, TT bluff off on you, while you pay minimum to the higher AX's.

If he checks the river to you, bet it.

edit: With the line you took, I think you can fold to the turn 3-bet unless he's a LAG.

QTip
03-04-2005, 04:44 PM
My bad...he was LA; however, I'm still thinking I should have folded the 3 bet.

Redeye
03-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Don't know if its been said, but don't raise the turn. There aren't a lot of hand villian could have that has many outs against you. Don't give him a reason to fold some PP that is drawing slim against you.

Also, I agree and think the limp isn't great unless you know your getting a lot of people comming with behind you. I sometimes will open raise in MP with some suited aces like A7,A8 ect though.

einbert
03-04-2005, 04:47 PM
This is a fold PF, in MP3 I think this becomes a raise. I wouldn't openlimp with this hand except in v early position.

Postflop is a clear way ahead or way behind situation, but if you want to raise the turn I think you have to fold to the threebet. If the player is really aggressive and you think will bluff threebet wait and throw in a raise on the river, where it's more likely a PP will pay you off. Against an unknown the best line is definitely call/call/call.

JoshuaD
03-04-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My bad...he was LA; however, I'm still thinking I should have folded the 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can safely fold it against anyone but the really laggy.

Either way, Call/Call/Call keeps you out of that trouble.

QTip
03-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah....I'll take notes here to call call call.

CallMeIshmael
03-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Sorry to bump this thread, but it was part of QTips winnie-the-pooh-bah post...

It seems everyone likes the fold to the 3bet Ie:

[ QUOTE ]
but if you want to raise the turn I think you have to fold to the threebet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it.

He is getting 9.5-1 on his money.

He has

4.5 outs against AK (3 6s to the win, 1 ace to a chop, and 2 4s to a chop),

6 outs vs AQ (3 6s to a win, 3 Ks to a chop, 1 A to a chop and 2 4s to a chop)

9 outs vs AJ (...)

4.5 theoretical outs is 9.22-1 against. So, he should call against AK. The fold only gets worse against AQ/AJ.

I suppose the fold camp thinks AA is much of a worry (as some players wouldnt 3-bet AK on the turn), but I still feel the fold is bad.

Thoughts?

gaming_mouse
03-31-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your analysis is correct, but the much more important point, IMO, is that he should have taken the c/c/c line to begin with.

QTip
03-31-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think your analysis is correct, but the much more important point, IMO, is that he should have taken the c/c/c line to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...that's what this was all about.

CallMeIshmael
03-31-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for confirming my math.

And, I agree. C/C/C is clear here.

JoshuaD
04-01-2005, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it.

He is getting 9.5-1 on his money.

He has

4.5 outs against AK (3 6s to the win, 1 ace to a chop, and 2 4s to a chop),

6 outs vs AQ (3 6s to a win, 3 Ks to a chop, 1 A to a chop and 2 4s to a chop)

9 outs vs AJ (...)

4.5 theoretical outs is 9.22-1 against. So, he should call against AK. The fold only gets worse against AQ/AJ.

I suppose the fold camp thinks AA is much of a worry (as some players wouldnt 3-bet AK on the turn), but I still feel the fold is bad.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. It's really important to fold on the river if you miss though. If you're gonna call down because it's just one more on the river, you're better off folding on the turn.

From your line on the turn, Call and fold the River UI.