PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

PktAcesSoWht
03-04-2005, 03:38 PM
I was on button in 9 handed ST. It was second hand. I had QQ. UTG limped in for 20, and it was folded to me. I raised to 80. I usually do 3BB but thought I would start out with 4BB. SB and BB fold. UTG goes all in which has me covered since this was first hand I played. The pot was 130 before his bet, so now it is 1550.

I figured that he did not have a high pair and could have some low pairs to middle pairs, or even AK or AQ, KQ etc. I figured that I definitely have the best hand here.

Would you call or fold? It is early and I have a chance to double up. I am sold favorite to lower pairs I know, but I am only a slight favorite to the AK.

I called. He showed AKo. The flop was 9J5 turn K river 7. He takes down the pot. I was mad that I called, but then I figured I would have bet the flop and he probably would have gone all in, since he made that move before the flop, maybe not, but this is online and he did make the move he did.

shoeman
03-04-2005, 03:46 PM
What buy-in is this?

At the low buy-ins, players with push all-in with all sorts of crap. If this is a 10/1 or 20/2, it is probably OK to push. I would fold if this is a higher buy-in.

I play at the 10s and with no read I would probably fold. I like to avoid gambles this early in a SNG. There was a post yesterday regarding these types of early gambles. Some will say push here...others fold.

Early gambles (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1838843&page=6&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

curtains
03-04-2005, 09:13 PM
First point PKtAces - you claim that you usually do 3x BB, however it's usually no longer correct to raise that amount when someone has limped. Thus if there is 1 limper make it 4x BB (as you did), if 2 limpers 5x BB and so on.

PktAcesSoWht
03-04-2005, 09:15 PM
this was a 10+1 at Poker Stars

lastchance
03-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Having QQ in a $10+1 is like having KK in a $50+5. Push.

raptor517
03-04-2005, 09:37 PM
in a 10+1 with QQ i couldnt get my chips in faster.

PktAcesSoWht
03-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the info on the raising. I will try that out and see how it goes.

sng-sam
03-05-2005, 12:51 PM
I think I would have called here as well. The buy is is low enough that you could easily be up agains pocket 8s etc. However I am TRYING to teach myself the following lesson.

Do you really want to put all your money in and risk your whole tournament on a coinflip? Can you outplay this guy later in the tournament and get your 80 chips back? If you really want to flip coins for 11 dollars. I suggest internet roulette. I like black but some like red /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So why not wait and find a better place to put all your money in the middle. LIke when you have trips or a boat.

I'm not saying I would lay down the queens I probably would call. But...philosophically (sp?) is this the right play long term? I'm trying to convince myself it's not. just my .02

Rick

valenzuela
03-05-2005, 01:16 PM
If you think you have the best hand you have to call.