PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll requirements

09-19-2002, 07:51 AM
I was wondering what you guys think is a good total bankroll and table bankroll for limit holdem'. I have read in a few books by well known authors that 300 big bets is a good/safe bankroll if you plan on playing for a long period of time. As far as table bankroll I have read that 30 big bets on the table plus a little reserve money in your pocket is an appropriate table bankroll. Any opinions or information you guys can give me?

Thanks,
Pokerprince

Mike Gallo
09-19-2002, 09:19 AM
I like to buy in for 40 big bets. If that dwindles down and I feel I have the best of it, I will buy in for another 40 big bets.

For example in a 5-10 hold em game, I will buy in for $400.00. If that gets down to $200, I will buy in for another $400.00 and take it from there.

I do not like to lose more than 50 big bets in any one session. If I do happen to lose that many bets, it usually means I havent played my best, or I have gotten outplayed.
Either way it means tomorrow is another day, and should stop playing
I hope that helps.

Zele
09-20-2002, 01:54 PM
I say 300BB minimum, esp. if you are just starting out. Your risk-of-ruin is much greater the lower your EV (of course, your more conservative play may make up for some of this, if you play very tight.)

I want at least 50BB on the table. I hate to rebuy, and you get more respect (not just good for the ego; it will discourage more creative plays from opponents.) Of course, the table buy-in isn't really that important.

FishyWhale
09-20-2002, 02:29 PM
300bb is absolute minimum, some also say 500bb and full-time pros should have 1000bb.

For a session bring around 50bb.