PDA

View Full Version : This situation keeps coming up

Deamon2
03-04-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm a regular at paradise .5/1, sometimes .25/.50

Let's say I catch a big pair in second position. I'll raise to try and limit the field. Sometimes it will work. Other times I'll get called in 5-6, sometimes 7 spots cold. What do I do if I don't connect hard with the flop (set), or it it's garbage? It would normally be a great flop for me, but there are so many people in the hand that it's dangerous

jaxUp
03-04-2005, 03:05 PM
wow, really situation dependent. In general, I say protect your hand in a case like this, but as for how to do that, you MUST post hands.

davelin
03-04-2005, 03:05 PM
If your pair is an overpair, you're still likely to be good. Bet/raise until faced with serious playback.

KingOtter
03-04-2005, 03:08 PM
You bet until someone says, "Hey! I have a better hand!" and raises you, especially if your hand is an overpair to the board, or there is only one overcard.

KO

Edit: I like the way Davelin said it better since I sound like if you have TT and the board is 2KA you should bet, which would be a bad idea on a large field. Bet if your hand is the overcards, and sometimes even if there is an overcard (exception being an A overcard).