PDA

View Full Version : Can you do anything against the passive??

Sixth_Rule
03-04-2005, 02:50 PM
i loose a significant amount of money to players who play there good hands badly, more money then if they played them correctly.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

River: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

einbert
03-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Nice hand, I play it the same.

jskills
03-04-2005, 02:57 PM
So he showed down a bigger PP? Like KK maybe? Perhaps he was scared off and thought you had AA and went into calldown mode?

There's no other way for you to play this. I also lose a ton to players who don't play their big hands aggressively enough. I often wonder if it is something they consciously do or not to trap aggressive players (somehow I doubt it). Even if they were, it's a bad strategy overall. I've played a JJ hand just like this (where there is no preflop raise except mine) only to see some clown turn over QQ or AK where they've flopped TP and never raised.

chief444
03-04-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i loose a significant amount of money to players who play there good hands badly, more money then if they played them correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's true, then how can you say with certainty that they are playing them badly? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

PokerBob
03-04-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes zero sense.

applej25
03-04-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
loose a significant amount of money to players who play there good hands badly, more money then if they played them correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you also make more from them when they don't have a good hand, which happens more often. Just say (or type) nh and go on taking his money.

PokerBob
[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

River: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were c/r'ed on the turn or river, would you fold? No. Be glad you lost as little as you did.

QTip
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This makes zero sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...you actually gained in this hand. I would have taken you for a couple more. I used to be upset about hands like this. Now I just chuckle and am grateful that they made a mistake. I gain from their mistakes.

chief444
[ QUOTE ]
This makes zero sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
Especially since I doubt if he's folding his J's.

bernie
03-04-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I doubt it. Otherwise, why not play your own hands badly? After all, if that is where more money is made...

Ill take a stab and say you're aggravated because they aren't playing predictably and you get sick of betting their hands for them.

If you lost this hand, you likely should've lost another bet somewhere during it.

b