PDA

View Full Version : New software thoughts and Old Posts /Archives Request

MichaelD
09-19-2002, 06:06 AM
MASON, CHUCK, AND MATT,

I just wanted to share with you my impressions of the new software. I think it is great. Although, I did have a difficult time getting signed on at first, after a 2nd attempt with a 2nd password, all is working great. I love the new features - private messsages, profiles, structure, etc. GREAT JOB.

For what it is worth , everyone I talk to also likes the new system, with the exception of those who are having difficulty signing on. A few seem to be having the same difficulty I did at first.

On a another very important note EVERYONE I talk to says the same thing about being able to go back for years (plural) and search the archives - this forum is like an old beat up copy of HPFAP or another good resource for many of us - we love reading a certain persons posts or posts on a certain topic over and over from time to time - I would love to see this capability retained in the new software and am fairly certain I am not alone in my thoughts here.

The reason I mention this is because I read in a thread that you were considering deleting the old posts

PLEASE DON"T!!!!!!

But if you must, before you delete all the old posts, I have a selfish personal request. I was hoping you could help me find a post I posted last year - I believe August of 2001. It was titled "The myth of Running Bad" I have had quite a few requests from fellow 2+2ers for it recently and I would really like to be able to find the original post as well as the responses to it. I am sorry I am not adept enough to figure out how to do this on my own but any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. I used to have my copy on my old system that crashed and I would hate to lose this post - might take me forever to find someone who actually printed it out.

Any assistance you may be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,

Michael D.

imported_Chuck Weinstock
09-19-2002, 09:14 AM
You misunderstood my previous message. The posts I will be deleting are all available through the new forum. I will be deleting the copies of the posts that are in the format for the old forum software.

Chuck

Rick Nebiolo
09-19-2002, 02:10 PM
Chuck,

Where are the archives that go back to the beginning? They were in a different format before the middle of last year or so. Will they ever be accessable?

Regards,

Rick

Kevin J
09-19-2002, 09:52 PM
I can't seem to locate the archives either Chuck. Am I missing it somewhere?