PDA

View Full Version : I would like some opinions

Page Jacobson
03-04-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm in a $11 sng table tourny, level 3, I'm on the button with 9 players still in. I have 650 in chips the sb is the chip leader with 1500. I'm dealt KK, everyone folds around to a LP player who goes all in with 150. The guy between us calls, I call, the sb calls and the bb folds. The flop comes 2c 3c 9h. Both players check it to me and I go all in. I want the straight and flush draws to be expensive. The sb folds and then gets all bent out of shape, because of my bet. His theory is if you have a player all in its better to keep everyone else in the hand in insure the all in guy has a better chance of being eliminated. I would agree with this if it were later in the tourny and we were down to 4 or 5 players. I'd like some opinions.

wh1t3bread
03-04-2005, 02:31 PM
You are right, he is wrong. IMO, early stages are the best time to amass some chips and not worry about how many people are left at the table.

P.S. I would have raised, not limped with the KK pre-flop.

ColdestCall
03-04-2005, 02:33 PM
My opinion is that the small blind in this case is a total moron, and that you should seek to play with him as often as possible.

spentrent
03-04-2005, 02:34 PM
He didn't limp, he cold-called a raise.

wh1t3bread
03-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Ooops my bad. Doing too many things at once. I would have re-raised.

citanul
03-04-2005, 02:36 PM
As the other posters noted, your "villain" is an idiot. You are right, he is wrong.

Push preflop.

Break your posts into shorter paragraphcs.

Welcome to the forum.

citanul

curtains
03-04-2005, 02:37 PM
I hate calling preflop. You must raise something. The SB already called for 150, they would probably call if you made it 150-200 more. I'm not saying this is the best way to go, but I just hate checking.

mackthefork
03-04-2005, 02:40 PM
You are correct to protect this early and with an overpair as well, that concept might apply in later game but not if you have a hand that need protection and might well win the hand, or if there is a considereable side pot.

Mack

RobGW
03-04-2005, 02:41 PM
You check it down when you have nothing. When you have whats most likely the best hand and a big pot you need to protect your hand by getting SB out. He wants you to check so he can hit his A or otherwise weak hand. I also would have raised all in preflop. You have $650 and there is $375 in the pot. Thats big enough to take down right away imo. Who cares if the short stack goes out or not. It's too early to worry about that.

hyde
03-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Fvck him.
or were you looking for a more civilized opinion?

I agree in trying to get an all-in player out of the game, but not at the expense of my stack.
I will check along if I have a drawing hand or something far from nuts.
but if you have the made hand, say....KK, you did the right thing. No sense giving mediocre boy a draw at you.

hyde

microbet
03-04-2005, 03:11 PM
I think SB gives bad advice to his opponants. He may not be an idiot.

rickr
03-04-2005, 03:27 PM
I would not have flat called, because any Ax seems to call a small stack all in here. They are going to play through the nose to hit their ace against my kings. If I have a hand, I'm betting. That idea is not applicable here. Once you hit the flop, even middle pair, you have to at least see where you are, and protect against the draw.

Later,
Rick