PDA

View Full Version : JJ - I'm a little ashamed

GrunchCan
03-04-2005, 01:38 PM
... but I'd probably do it again. In the last 18k hands, this is the only time I've folded JJ PF.

I have 250 hands on the villan. In that time, he has PFRed 1 other time. That time, he had AA.

I should also say that this table's getting tighter, and I'm about to leave. PFRs aren't getting cold called anymore.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero folds

mmbt0ne
03-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Dude, I wouldn't worry about it. I auto-mucked QQ once when a guy like that 3-bet preflop. He showed down AA. This is why we have Poker Tracker.

VBM
03-04-2005, 01:44 PM
if the action went limp, limp, raise, would you call?

GrunchCan
03-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Probably, b/c then I'm getting better odds to hit my set.

I would prb not raise however, b/c I want to encourage as many CCs as possible behind me, to get the best possible pot odds.

Depending on my read of the table, I might call with only 1 limper before the raise.

droolie
03-04-2005, 01:48 PM
When you have that good a read I don't think this fold is bad at all. At best you're a coinflip with AK. Considering you'll probably will be HU you have zip for implied odds.

toss
03-04-2005, 01:51 PM
For shaaaaaame!

Just kidding you have nothing to be ashamed about. PT supplies very reliable reads after 100 or so hands. Nothing to lose sleep over.

Isura
03-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Looks fine. VP is a stat that converges rather fast, so after 200+ hands you're read will be very accurate. But I notice that against the pure rock types (PFR 2% eg.), many tend to overplay their hands postflop and don't know when to slow down and never consider folding even when it's clear (clear to us anyways) that they are beat. In these cases, you have a chance to really cash in when you hit your set as you'll bet/reraised on most streets. Just another thing to think about before mucking JJ. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jskills
03-04-2005, 02:45 PM
My problem is, I immediately "want" to put him on AK and reraise with JJ. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Given you info, good fold.