PDA

View Full Version : River decision: Riase or call? (X post)

partygirluk
03-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero ?

4 tabling, no PT, no reads.

kiddo
03-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Bet turn, board is paired, more then a decent chance he is not hit.

partygirluk
03-04-2005, 02:35 PM
I didn't bet the turn as I thought he likely had 3/6 outs and might fold to a bet, but I might induce a bet on the end if a blank came.

Thoughts?

Gazza
03-04-2005, 02:51 PM
You mean you are slowplaying ace high. Not a good idea. Just bet and be happy if you take the pot down

Chobohoya
03-04-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't bet the turn as I thought he likely had 3/6 outs and might fold to a bet, but I might induce a bet on the end if a blank came.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were trying to induce a bluff, and you hit top pair, and they bluff.... raise. Call a 3bet.

JerseyTom
03-04-2005, 04:32 PM
I think maybe I just call, because I can't imagine I'm winning this 55% of the time that I raise and he calls (and I'll throw up in my mouth if he 3-bets). Unless he's a known donk who will bet/call with A5 or 88, but you said "no reads"...

And, yeah, fire again on the turn.

Tom

maxpowers21
03-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Checking the turn is just plain wrong. You are giving him free cards to beat you and if you bet its an easy fold to a turn raise.

As far as the river decision goes I would lean towards raising, if he is bluffing then there is no value to a river raise, if he has trips you will lose 2 more bets, however if he happened to spike an ace you will lose 1 bet for not raising, assuming its anything but AK, AQ. But, i think there are many other hands he may do that with that you could extract an extra bet from him by raising, and he may even slow down with trip tens if he's particularly weak passive. I think the river decision is close, but i like raising.I think that he will call a raise with weak hands often enough to offset losing 2bets when he does happen to spike trips.

partygirluk
03-04-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Checking the turn is just plain wrong. You are giving him free cards to beat you and if you bet its an easy fold to a turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably has on average about 3.5 outs. I don't thinking checking the turn is *that* bad. Perhaps I give my opponents too much credit, but I can envisage a checkraise bluff on this kind of board, and that would be ugly. I could induce a river bluff if I check behind.

If I am behind, then I either give myself a chance to drwa out, or I could save a bet.

CanKid
03-04-2005, 05:10 PM
I would have bet turn. How you played it, raise and call 3-bet.