PDA

View Full Version : Vodka-cakes

The Dude
03-04-2005, 01:27 PM
You know, pancakes but with an important substitution for milk. Anybody had 'em? I'm going to cook some up right now.

nolanfan34
03-04-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know, pancakes but with an important substitution for milk. Anybody had 'em? I'm going to cook some up right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had them. But I am eagerly awaiting a follow up report, I'll tell you that!

peachy
03-04-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes...good luck making them stay together...they just dont turn out right...or at least not when we did them /images/graemlins/frown.gif
but then again there was a 2 yr period we were puttin alcohol in everything

jakethebake
03-04-2005, 01:38 PM
vodka's made out of potatos right? so they're really potato pancakes.

wacki
03-04-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vodka = alcohol + a little bit of sugar. Alcohol evaporates very quickly when exposed to heat. Whoever told you about them is pulling a trick on you.

mmbt0ne
03-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Dude, if you're gonna do that, at least use the pancake mix that only needs you to add water. I think those would have a better chance of turning out well, than if you substitute for milk.

offTopic
03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar thoughts have been expressed already, but if you're using a milk-based recipe, then substitute White Russian for milk instead of just vodka.

The Dude
03-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Yeah, well. Apparantly we dont'have any pancake mix. So the next time I'm at a grocerty store I'll pick up some mix than only requires water to complete. I'll probably add some egg to help keep it together.

Sorry to put this on hold, I'll let you know in the next couple of days how it goes.

jakethebake
03-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Do you plan on eating these with syrup?

jimdmcevoy
03-04-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vodka = alcohol + a little bit of sugar. Alcohol evaporates very quickly when exposed to heat. Whoever told you about them is pulling a trick on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

beerbandit
03-04-2005, 03:49 PM
the dude - white russian pancakes

doesnt sound suite right

cheers

The Dude
03-04-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you plan on eating these with syrup?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't know. I'll have to give it a few tries, with different toppings. Normally I like my pancakes with whipped cream and some kind of fruit topping, but I have no idea what will be best with these. I'm planning to try an few different things.

The Dude
03-04-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alcohol evaporates very quickly when exposed to heat. Whoever told you about them is pulling a trick on you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not expecting to get intoxicated off these.

wacki
03-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Why are you trying this?

And how did it turn out?

The Dude
03-04-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you trying this?

[/ QUOTE ]
One of my roommates came into the office this morning when he woke up and suggested we make pancakes for breakfast. A bottle of Vodka happened to be on my desk in the line of sight, so we decided to give it a try.

[ QUOTE ]
And how did it turn out?

[/ QUOTE ]
Alas, we wend downstairs only to discover that we have no mix. I'll post an update in a couple of days.

nolanfan34
03-04-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A bottle of Vodka happened to be on my desk in the line of sight, so we decided to give it a try.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great. Reminds me of college.

I haven't met Evan, but after reading this, I just can't imagine he's possibly going to survive staying with you guys.

wacki
03-04-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of my roommates came into the office this morning when he woke up and suggested we make pancakes for breakfast. A bottle of Vodka happened to be on my desk in the line of sight, so we decided to give it a try.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, now I wish I could delete (or atleast alter) the first post I made in this thread.

edtost
03-04-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't met Evan, but after reading this, I just can't imagine he's possibly going to survive staying with you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no idea how someone with so obvious a genetic defect survived as long as he did.....