PDA

View Full Version : Single table deal making.

renodoc
03-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Two examples follow. I have very limited experience in this and would love some input.

Both of these are B&M $110 buy in 10 entries, winner gets $1040. No Limit. 1000 chips to start. Blinds are 25-50 and double every 15 min.

Two people left and I have 7200 chips. Opponent asks to discuss and offers $600-$400 split (presumably $40 to the dealer) I don't know this player but have seen him playing tounaments and he is at least an average player. I counter $700-$300, he declines and I end up winning it all. Were either of these offers unreasonable?

Same game. Down to three and I am the short stack with only 1300 chips. Woman to my right is one of the worst players around but has about 6000 chips. Third player is average and has 2700. I feel like I need to get something and I offer that we guarantee $200 to each and play for the rest. He goes for it, but she announces that she has lost 12 of these tables in a row and wants $300 for herself. I am in no position to negotiate and take it. I then beat them both up and take $500 total. (This one ends up paying out just like a Party SNG)

Comments appreciated....