PDA

View Full Version : JJ

PokerBob
03-04-2005, 01:03 PM
Canterbury Park 3/6

MP here a typical fish who will play any ace. Button is a RETARD who 5 hands earlier called my KK down with A9o on a QJ7r board. Hit runnerrunner AA. Both are passive calling stations.

Hero is UTG with red JJ.
Hero raises, 3 mucks, call, muck muck, call. BB calls.

Frop (4 players) (8.5 SB).
A98r

BB checks, hero ????????

Redeye
03-04-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Both are passive calling stations

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet, if they're passive calling stations sometimes they'll call you down w/ an ace, but a lot of times they'll call you down with any two. If its still 3 on the turn I'm not sure if I'd still be though, if its only the two retarted LPs left then I bet.

PS, How can you play that game with that icky 10% rake? Seems to me like that has to be a damn near insurmountable even though the players are fairly retarted.

PokerBob
03-04-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PS, How can you play that game with that icky 10% rake? Seems to me like that has to be a damn near insurmountable even though the players are fairly retarted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna play 4/8, but 3/6 came up first. Once there, I noticed everyone at the table was a nodding, drooling moron. How could I leave? /images/graemlins/grin.gif (I finished up +20BB in 6 hours.)

PokerBob
03-04-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury Park 3/6

MP here a typical fish who will play any ace. Button is a RETARD who 5 hands earlier called my KK down with A9o on a QJ7r board. Hit runnerrunner AA. Both are passive calling stations.

Hero is UTG with red JJ.

A98r

BB checks, hero ????????

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is actually an easy bet. However, if both limpers call, do you bet again if a brick hits?

Redeye
03-04-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was gonna play 4/8, but 3/6 came up first. Once there, I noticed everyone at the table was a nodding, drooling moron. How could I leave? (I finished up +20BB in 6 hours.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that would make it real hard to leave. I just remember that when I used to play 3/6 it often seemed more tight than some of the other games due to the amount of old tight-ass regulars in that game, although they still play pretty bad. I haven't been down there in a while, but I used to love the 6/12 game, and I actually think it typically featured more idiots than any of the lower games I played.

sthief09
03-04-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury Park 3/6

Hero is UTG with red JJ.

A98r

BB checks, hero ????????

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is actually an easy bet. However, if both limpers call, do you bet again if a brick hits?

[/ QUOTE ]

bet again. then probably bet the river again if no more overcards fall or any scare cards. the river will be the toughest street. as far as the flop and turn, the board is coordinated and there are plenty of hands without an A that'll call you