PDA

View Full Version : Maximizing or Stupid?

sthief09
03-04-2005, 11:58 AM
this one's not so interesting, but I'm curious if this is a dumb line. CDC used it against me one time when I was in the middle, trapping me for an extra bet when he had a set. the reason I did this was because I didn't want to shut the rest of the field out. I figured if I called, I could trap them for an extra SB on the flop, and whe I bet the turn, I could trap them for an extra BB and 3-bet if he raises a big pair.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP calls $24 (All-In), Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

good use of the all in guy?

sfer
03-04-2005, 12:06 PM
I like this line but I've been overusing it, especially live where turn raises are much more rare. Here I don't like it because the button raise into 4 players is usually a T or two hearts, and I might be able to get a lot of excess flop and turn action from both (especially if a frush gets there and I've played my hand like Tx), and MP is probably committed to stacking off regardless of the number of bets to him.

EDIT: Meh, I didn't read the preflop action. I suck. I think your line is best.

sthief09
03-04-2005, 12:07 PM
I don't think the button raise means a T. I think it means a big pair or overcards trying for a free card

sthief09
03-04-2005, 05:57 PM
for the afternoon crowd

mr pink
03-04-2005, 06:38 PM
if the shortstacked guy had just a tad over 1 bet instead of under, that change your river line to a bet right?

Chris Daddy Cool
03-04-2005, 06:44 PM
these lines are meant to keep the middle player in to sort of sacrifice bets because 3-betting the flop so often leads to the hand ending on the turn, if the other guy has AK or AQ.

however, the stop n go line really freezes up a hand like AA or KK who would have played back at you on the flop, but won't on the turn.

since the board is paired 3-betting the flop may freeze up AA or KK anyways on the flop and would usually fold out the middle players, so stop n going here is a good line to take, though observant players caught in the middle will realize that their hand is usually crushed and will fold to the turn bet anyways too.