PDA

View Full Version : 9-11 Strangeness

BruceZ
09-19-2002, 02:24 AM
Open Microsoft Word and type NY33Q in capital letters. This is the number of the first flight to hit the WTC. Highlight it and change the font size to 28, and change the font to Windings.

brad
09-19-2002, 08:15 AM
im sure youll be getting a call from the anti defamation league bnii brith

09-19-2002, 09:35 AM
This is nonsense copied from an internet chain letter. Its bad enough people send these idiotic letters around, but now we have to see these postings on 2+2?

From the urban legends fact page:

This "coincidence" is strictly a manufactured one. Although typing the characters "Q33NY" using the Wingdings font does produce the string of images shown below (an airplane, two pieces of paper that sort of resemble buildings, a skull and crossbones, and a Star of David), there was no flight "Q33NY" involved in the terrorist attack on New York City (the two flights who planes were crashed into the building were American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175), nor does that string correspond to any airplane's tail number or any airline's flight number.

The numerous suggestions about what 'Q33' really does refer to (everything from a New York bus route to a verse from the Quran) merely highlight how easy it is to find significance in anything, meaningful or not.

BruceZ
09-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Actually, I came across it on the web. I never open emails from anyone I don't know. This was listed along with a number of other numeric facts concerning 911 which are easily verified to be true. That was my main purpose in posting, to show how you could make anything from anything if you try hard enough.

I had no reason to doubt the flight codes, though I suspected they may not be accurate. After researching the issue a little further, I didn't find any credible sources one way or the other, "urbanlegends page" or otherwise.

09-19-2002, 02:58 PM
The flight numbers of the planes that crashed into the WTC were American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175. Go to http://www.snopes.com/rumors/wingding.htm for details on the rumor.