PDA

View Full Version : Snakehead's Favorite Floorman

andyfox
09-19-2002, 01:36 AM
Snakehead's favorite floorman, who we'll call Kevin, because that's his name, is as discourteous and unknowledgeable a floorman as I've ever met.

Today, I'm in a must-move game. The game is great. There are 3 fishes slowly drowning and I'm the one throwing them the biggest anchor. With very few names on the board for this 30-60 game, and just as few on the board for 40-80, Kevin decides to put down a 3rd 40-80 game. I know this means death for the game I'm in.

Sure enough, in a few minutes, 2 players are walking and there are two empty seats. So we're 5-handed, which suits me fine, but the fishes are complaining. There are still names on the board, but Kevin is trying to fill up his new 40-80 game. I ask for the floorman. No Kevin. I ask again. No Kevin. The third time is the charm.

I tell Kevin, "We could use a little attention here for this game, please." Kevin responds, "What can I do for you?" There are still two empty seats and now three players are walking, one of the fishes having gotten up and threatened to leave unless they could get us some more players.

I look at the table and look back at Kevin. "Nothing, never mind," I say. AND KEVIN WALKS AWAY.

10 seconds later he comes back and says, "AF must move." I move. Kevin stands there like the statue that he is and doesn't help me, despite the fact that my tray, and the tray at the table behind me are in my route and I'm carrying chips, water bottle, etc.

In an effort to see if he is still breathing, or has the words "please" or "thank you" in his admittedly limited vocabulary, I move the one of the trays towards him and say, "Excuse me." NO RESPONSE.

Within a half an hour both the 3rd $40 game and the must-move $30 game are broken.

I don't mind the fact that he doesn't know the rules. I don't mind the fact that he doesn't know how to keep games going. I don't mind anything he does that makes himi a bad floorman. What I do mind is that he's always a jerk.

There, I feel much better now.

snakehead
09-19-2002, 01:49 AM
actually, this is rick's favorite floorman. I was dissing hm long before you started. but two funny things happened the last time I played in his section.

1. I, along with a few others, was playing 30-60 while waiting for a 40-80 seat. the oaf starts a must move 30, and within 15 minutes converts it to a 40. so all of us who were waiting to play forty were out in the cold. ha ha ha.

2. about 20 minutes after that, I say someone walk up to kevin and hand him a tip. hilarious.

Mason Malmuth
09-19-2002, 02:50 AM
Andy,

I just want to point out that it's the procedure in most large cardrooms that spread high limit games to give the game of higher limit preference. For instance, I recently saw two $40-$80 stud games break because the room started a $75-$150 stud game. However, there are reasons for this rule and in general I go along with them. But sometimes they do cause precisely the type of problems that you are talking about. So, I'm not there and really can't say, but the floorman in question, at least in this instance, may not be quite as bad as you think.

Best wishes,
Mason /forums/images/icons/confused.gif