PDA

View Full Version : newbie question, do i track BB per hr in pot limit om8b?

MikeR
03-04-2005, 07:50 AM
Just started playing Omaha8b in ring game format, pot limit. Now the blinds are .01/.02, but it's pot limit. Do I keep track of my winnings by the amount of the big blind, like treat it as a big bet in limit? Or just by total amount of money each hour?

MikeR
04-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Please help.

JoshuaMayes
04-21-2005, 03:34 PM
If you use Poker Tracker Omaha, which I recommend, it will keep track of both BB/100 hands (1BB= 2* Big Blind) and $/hour for you and your opponents. If you don't use PTO, so long as you keep track of the length of your sessions, the limits you are playing, and the amount of any wins/losses you book, you should have the minimum info necessary for you to ensure that you are a winner and/or estimate a win rate.

Personally, I keep an eye on my BB/100 for PLO8 using PTO, and I also keep a separate win/loss log of all my sessions because I play more than one form of poker. My win/loss sheet keeps track of the game, website, limits, date, duration, and win/loss of each session I play. If I am playing two different games or limits at the same time, I treat them as two seperate sessions.

comic2b
04-23-2005, 04:16 AM
What software do you use that keeps track of the other stuff or do you just use an Excel spreadsheet.

JoshuaMayes
04-23-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you just use an Excel spreadsheet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I just use a table in an MS Word file.