PDA

View Full Version : Puppy Question

Kailia Marie
03-04-2005, 06:57 AM
Hi guys,

I'm new to the OTT forum so don't gang up on me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Recently my aunt's dog gave birth to a couple of puppies and my aunt said I could have one of them. Now I know nothing about dogs at all, as I've never owned a pet before, but he is absolutely adorable, so I took him in.

My problem is that I live with my boyfriend and he's deathly afraid of dogs (don't ask) and would feel really uneasy with a dog in the apartment. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I haven't approached him yet with the idea of a dog living with us. How shold I approach this situation and how do I convince him that the puppy can stay?

Thanks!
/images/graemlins/heart.gifKailia

istewart
03-04-2005, 06:59 AM
The possibility exists that you've been dating a woman. Check up on that first.

[censored]
03-04-2005, 06:59 AM
Tell him to grow a dick and stop being a pussy. Seriously.

If not that try sex, thats always good for something.

tolbiny
03-04-2005, 07:00 AM
ummmmmm, your screwed
if it is a real phobia of dogs hes not going to be "convinced" that its ok. It will pretty much ruin his life for quite some time.
If he just had a bad experience with dogs then manipulating him with sex has worked for many a woman in the past. I don't see how that could go wrong.

The Dude
03-04-2005, 07:00 AM
Get 50 pet Black Widows to spread around the house. That way, he'll know you're not just being selfish and that you're willing to get over your fears too.

istewart
03-04-2005, 07:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get 50 pet Black Widows to spread around the house. That way, he'll know you're not just being selfish and that you're willing to get over your fears too.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Kailia Marie
03-04-2005, 07:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The possibility exists that you've been dating a woman. Check up on that first.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are so harsh. /images/graemlins/blush.gif My boyfriend basically is a big dork, but this dog thing is really the only "girlie" thing about him, really!

peachy
03-04-2005, 07:07 AM
honestly...if hes scared of dogs its good u got a puppy...that way he can get used to it. If u let him know u really really really want this i think he will udnerstand. and let me tell u.....u have NO IDEA what u just got urself into...its like having a child NO LIE...u cant go on trips...u gotta walk and feed it...it tears stuff up and doesnt clean... ::sigh:: but other than that they r great!!

hehe honestly i LOVEEEEE my dog...but they r alot of work and a handful!

to get him over the phobia...use a reward system...if u have to use sex as the reward

Kailia Marie
03-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Hehe, what do you mean "manipulating him with sex"? Threaten not to sleep with him unless he gives into my demands?

[censored]
03-04-2005, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
honestly...if hes scared of dogs its good u got a puppy...that way he can get used to it. If u let him know u really really really want this i think he will udnerstand. and let me tell u.....u have NO IDEA what u just got urself into...its like having a child NO LIE...u cant go on trips...u gotta walk and feed it...it tears stuff up and doesnt clean... ::sigh:: but other than that they r great!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me tell YOU having a dog is nothing like having a child.

Both can be good times though.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-04-2005, 07:11 AM
its a frigging puppy, not a gorrilla dressed in a clown outfit.

have a little play pen area in the corner of your living room or something where the puppy can stay. that way he'll be behind a fence and won't be able to get anywhere near your boyfriend. and who knows, maybe over time your boyfriend will get used to him and it wont' be so bad.

peachy
03-04-2005, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me tell YOU having a dog is nothing like having a child.

Both can be good times though.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah its VERY similar!!! its the step before a kid!! Everyone should own a dog before having a kid!! lol /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[censored]
03-04-2005, 07:14 AM
I thought I should mention that you would do well to kennel train.

tolbiny
03-04-2005, 07:15 AM
Don't you have a woman's touch?

Outright threatening him should be your last resort. No need to use nukes when a pellet gun will do. Just take him to see the dog, and when you get home that night bang the living hell out of him. Screw him so well he limps to work the next day. On days when you don't see the puppy don't have sex, and when you do, curl his toes with your talents... the positive association should be enough to bring him around within a week.

MarkL444
03-04-2005, 07:34 AM
no idea what you should do, but the fact that hes afraid of a puppy made me laugh.

jaxUp
03-04-2005, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hehe, what do you mean "manipulating him with sex"? Threaten not to sleep with him unless he gives into my demands?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think rewarding him for giving in to your requests will be better than holding out for not. Both are equally effective, but rewarding doesn't create as much tension IMO.

JaBlue
03-04-2005, 07:52 AM
Sneak the puppy in when he's at work

Bluffoon
03-04-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys,

Recently my aunt's dog gave birth to a couple of puppies and my aunt said I could have one of them. Now I know nothing about dogs at all, as I've never owned a pet before, but he is absolutely adorable, so I took him in.

My problem is that I live with my boyfriend and he's deathly afraid of dogs (don't ask) and would feel really uneasy with a dog in the apartment. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I haven't approached him yet with the idea of a dog living with us. How shold I approach this situation and how do I convince him that the puppy can stay?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Try just telling him you want this dog and talk about it. See what the problem is and whether he is willing to try to get over it. Maybe he can't. That is where the part in relationships about compromise and sacrifice come in. Maybe get some other kind of pet he is not afraid of. Ferrets are cool. My Gfriend has one and he is so sweet and friendly and docile. I never thought I would like them but he is a great little pet.

Oh yeah and using sex to manipulate someone is not good. I dump any girl who uses sex to try to manipulate me. It is patronizing and indicative of controlling behaviour.

InchoateHand
03-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Don't get a puppy you can't take care of.

RunDownHouse
03-04-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
I find it amusing that a forthright, honest approach of simply talking to him about it seemingly has not crossed your mind. Perhaps it really DOES come with the presence of that second X chromosome.

Lazymeatball
03-04-2005, 10:06 AM
I hope you don't mind me getting preachy here, aw fuckit, I don't care.

Don't get a puppy if you aren't prepared to pay thousands of dollars in medical bills. Most of the time they stay healthy, but when they get sick, you better be prepared to pay. And I'm drinking Courvosier right now.

peachy
03-04-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Don't get a puppy if you aren't prepared to pay thousands of dollars in medical bills. Most of the time they stay healthy, but when they get sick, you better be prepared to pay. And I'm drinking Courvosier right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah so ur lazy and a drunk!!! score!! wanna go out??

Lazymeatball
03-04-2005, 10:11 AM
see my avatar? that's me. you still wanna go out?

jaxUp
03-04-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you sound kinda loose. Do you have a tongue ring or bellybutton ring or something?? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shajen
03-04-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys,

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Try just telling him you want this dog and talk about it. See what the problem is and whether he is willing to try to get over it. Maybe he can't. That is where the part in relationships about compromise and sacrifice come in. Maybe get some other kind of pet he is not afraid of. Ferrets are cool. My Gfriend has one and he is so sweet and friendly and docile. I never thought I would like them but he is a great little pet.

Oh yeah and using sex to manipulate someone is not good. I dump any girl who uses sex to try to manipulate me. It is patronizing and indicative of controlling behaviour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put.

daryn
03-04-2005, 10:19 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you sound kinda loose. Do you have a tongue ring or bellybutton ring or something?? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

she does have a tattoo of a butterfly on her buttcrack /images/graemlins/wink.gif

peachy
03-04-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hardy har har!! guess ur refering to the other post where i said i have a tongue ring...belly ring and tattoo ::sigh::

peachy
03-04-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Don't get a puppy if you aren't

prepared to pay thousands of dollars in medical bills. Most of the time they stay healthy, but when they get sick, you better be prepared to pay. And I'm drinking Courvosier right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

she does have a tattoo of a butterfly on her buttcrack /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

its NOT on my buttcrack...its on my ANKLE...

beerbandit
03-04-2005, 10:29 AM
show him the puppy

he'll like it and when it becomes a dog he wont be scared of it

cheers

daryn
03-04-2005, 10:29 AM
is he black?

peachy
03-04-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is he black?

[/ QUOTE ]

joke or not...thats a tad bit "sterotypical" if not boarder line racist comment

Lazymeatball
03-04-2005, 10:33 AM
it's also borderline..... hilarious.

InchoateHand
03-04-2005, 10:33 AM
The puppy? Or the coward?

peachy
03-04-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's also borderline..... hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

SHAME ON U!!!!

Lazymeatball
03-04-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm just a big fan of stereotypes, i think they are funny.

usmfan
03-04-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm surprised that no one has advocated using the rolled up newpaper. You know. Mention your desire to get a dog. If he protests, smack him on the nose with the newspaper. Negative reinforcement works much quicker than this BS sez-positive stuff. Make it a big newspaper and roll it tight. You'll thank me. Oh yeah. Tell him to grow a pair also.

daryn
03-04-2005, 11:19 AM
is he black?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, it's a question. no it was not a joke. i hear black people really don't like dogs.

*disclaimer for idiots* obviously i don't mean all black people, but clearly in our world generalizations exist, for instance italian people are usually religious, etc. etc.

sfer
What kind of puppy?

daryn
is he black?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tad bit? wtf are you talking about, it is TOTALLY stereotypical.

bosoxfan
03-04-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
jesus, it's a question. no it was not a joke. i hear black people really don't like dogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true?

jakethebake
03-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Any chance I can play with your puppies?

daryn
03-04-2005, 11:36 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

it is true that that wasn't a joke? is it true that i've heard that?

both yes

bosoxfan
03-04-2005, 11:43 AM
I understand it's a generalization, I had just never heard that.

IndieMatty
03-04-2005, 11:47 AM
there was a OOT thread on this.

daryn
03-04-2005, 12:01 PM
i think it was an NVG thread if my memory serves me correctly. maybe we are thinking about two different threads.

pshreck
03-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Isnt there an actual real phobia of dogs? I would love to make fun of this guy, but I knew another guy in highschool that basically ran out of my house when my small terrier ran up to him. He later said he was embarassed but he has no control over it, that he would pass out or something if he tried to pet it.

Ridiculous yes, but there are other common phobias like never being able to leave your house, etc. that are just as seemingly crazy.

peachy
03-04-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isnt there an actual real phobia of dogs? I would love to make fun of this guy, but I knew another guy in highschool that basically ran out of my house when my small terrier ran up to him. He later said he was embarassed but he has no control over it, that he would pass out or something if he tried to pet it.

Ridiculous yes, but there are other common phobias like never being able to leave your house, etc. that are just as seemingly crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

its just like the poor lil boy they tested this on /images/graemlins/frown.gif they made him scared of a lil bunny..and he generalized this to all small furry creatures - and was COMPLETELY terrified...so they had to go back and fix his "phobia"

jakethebake
03-04-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its just like the poor lil boy they tested this on /images/graemlins/frown.gif they made him scared of a lil bunny..and he generalized this to all small furry creatures - and was COMPLETELY terrified...so they had to go back and fix his "phobia"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to cure my phobia. Maybe you should show me your small furry creature, peachy.

edit: oh wait. it's hairless isnt it? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dynasty
03-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Threads about puppies should always be accompanied by pictures that make you go awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

http://www.gummylump.com/files/product/a_244.golden-retriever-puppy-jigsaw-puzzle.jpg

Dead
03-04-2005, 06:40 PM
Golden retrievers are sooo cute!

I have a chocolate lab at home that I'm going to get to see in a week when my college has its break. She's 11 now, but I still remember when she was a puppy, and I have pictures.

When I get my first dog it's either going to be a golden retriever or a lab, definitely.

Thythe
03-04-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Threads about puppies should always be accompanied by pictures that make you go awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, I was just thinking that as I read through the thread. I'll name the above puppy butterscotch.

EDIT: the puppy on the previous page.