PDA

View Full Version : Question on 6-max vs. Full ring

mythrilfox
03-04-2005, 05:16 AM
I've been hitting up completely rockish tables on the 400NL. Are the 6-max any better? What do you guys play primarily?

(Sorry if there's been a post about this before, which there probably has been. Since they added the new Party structure I searched for something in the past week or two and nothing came up.)

mythrilfox
03-04-2005, 05:18 AM
I thought it would also be nice so that I don't have to worry about laying down TPTK type hands as much, since 6-max it seems generally correct to go further with these hands than one might go in a full ring game. Is this thinking correct?

cjmewett
03-04-2005, 05:50 AM
I think if you want to be able to back your TPTK hands you just need to buy short. In my experience, you're not that much better off in the 6-max than the full tables as far as that subject is concerned.

Having said that, I don't play this high online, and the games could be much more agressive. If the agression level is dramatically higher at the 400 6-max, that might be what you're looking for.

KaneKungFu123
03-04-2005, 07:44 AM
do this:

put tape pver your cards. raise every hand preflop. if someone calls your raise, check it down.

this is an easy way to make moeny.

cjmewett
03-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Brilliant, this genius is back again.

Do you contribute anything worthwhile to the forum?

nokona13
03-04-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm mostly a STT player, but I'm trying to transition into some ring game play because I feel my deep-stack post-flop game is weak (since weak-tight play is correct early in a STT). I think I have a fair idea of starting values and some idea what to do post-flop in the full ring. But I don't even know how to value my hands in 6-max. Just to get started I was playing lower limits, and there seemed to be LOTS of limping, hand with 5 seeing the flop for cheap. Is this a low limit thing or a 6-max thing? What should I do, for instance, with say QTs on the button, either folded to me or with one limper? Should I limp, fold, raise? Is there any good historic posts in the FAQ vein? The search function on 2+2 SUCKS!

Yeti
03-04-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do this:

put tape pver your cards. raise every hand preflop. if someone calls your raise, check it down.

this is an easy way to make moeny.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the...?

You forgot the part about betting 2/3 the pot on the flop. Jeez.

mythrilfox
03-04-2005, 04:44 PM
No one hijacks my thread and gets away with it.

NO ONE.