PDA

View Full Version : would you lay down on the bubble to 3 all ins preflop?

boondockst
03-04-2005, 04:35 AM
I of course folded this hand and was discussing this with my friend and how crazy it was....the chance to go from on the bubble to heads up 7800 vs. 200 or so

HE SAID YOU WOULDN'T CALL THE FLOP ALL INS....is this correct? I wouldn't play this even unraised preflop so i understand the merits of waiting for smaller stacks to bust but....if i'd been in on the flop....$5 buy-in btw...doing the grind it out thing with 50 bucks for now....experienced at the 22s...just no roll for now

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1230)
Hero (t2625)
UTG (t1300)
Button (t2845)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t200, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t475</font>, SB calls t375, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls t275.

Flop: (t1625) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t755 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t825 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t825.

curtains
03-04-2005, 04:38 AM
You would definitely go allin on the flop, because even if you lose the hand, you will still almost surely win something as you had more money than the others to begin the hand.

lorinda
03-04-2005, 04:40 AM
HE SAID YOU WOULDN'T CALL THE FLOP ALL INS

What's his user id?

Lori

boondockst
03-04-2005, 04:42 AM
he said i'd be better off trying to move up 2 spots into the money and the flush draw out there might hit or someone could have 67...i rationalized that even if the flush hit maybe a smaller stack had it and i'd still get the sidepot and be back where i started....is this correct thinking?

lorinda
03-04-2005, 04:45 AM
he said i'd be better off trying to move up 2 spots into the money

If the button wins the pot, you come second, if he doesn't, you win the sidepot barring some bizarre quirk of fate.

Of course, you also probably just win a lot of the time.

Lori

boondockst
03-04-2005, 04:51 AM
good point on the 2nd place finish...the worst is 3rd if the button beats me but loses to a small stack.....

he came up with the 2nd place finish point on his own and recanted....

still an interesting hand....does the buy in level matter here? would this be the same at the 109s? say you felt they were all really weird players...and you don't credit someone with 6d 7d...

bonus points to whomever guesses the hands (important hint: NO FLUSH DRAWS???)

boondockst
03-04-2005, 04:54 AM
btw...if that hand wasn't weird enough...i stuck around for a different hand and took 2nd place all in PF with Ks Qs....I lost to Kd Qd...runner runner.....OUCH

Corona777
03-04-2005, 04:55 AM
ok everyone im the friend that he was talking to we were trying to talk about this on aim and i was playing at the same time with that said now that i look i was worried about big stack taking it all but if that did happen he would finish 2 so not that bad and the chances of him winning is pretty good so i do think that the play would be to call

imported_bingobazza
03-04-2005, 08:11 AM
yeah, fold /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nortonmalc
03-04-2005, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't call. I'd push the rest of my stack in so that the side pot is bigger. Then even if I lose to one of the short stacks I take in a pretty nice pot.

Scuba Chuck
03-04-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm not exactly sure of your question...

PF, I agree with your fold.

If your question was, "had you paid to play PF" would you have gone allin post flop?

You would call for this reason alone. You're playing for first place when you win. IMO, it's highly improbable that SB (shorter stack) would be playing this hand with 67, and is more likely to hold An Ace, or two overcards, or a pair. (thus, if you lose this hand, you're likely finishing 3rd.)

Are you worried about a set, completing to a full house? What are you worried about?

willie
03-04-2005, 01:43 PM
no i don't fold this. i look to take down a monster sidepot at the last or possibly end the whole thing right then and there.