PDA

View Full Version : preflop decesion

jt1
03-04-2005, 04:00 AM
PP 3/6. I fold because the BB is a LAG, capable of semi-bluffing, raising with a middle pair and calling down with absolute trash. I didn't want to invest 3.5 bb on a hand with a 2 kicker. If anyone hits than my 2 kicker is worthless, the LAG could call down with a better Ace and he could have bluffed me out at any point. Nonetheless I most likely had the best hand at the time.

MP limps. I with button have A2s. I fold.

Nick C
03-04-2005, 05:15 AM
I think MP's range of limping hands is more relevant than whatever random cards BB may have.

I probably would have raised.

You can call down the LAG with ace-high, if it comes to that and you don't think he necessarily has anything.

Plus, you might flop something.

TheMetetron
03-04-2005, 05:19 AM
I would raise here. I agree the limpers limping hands is more relevant than the BB here; it would take a pretty maniacal BB to make me fold here... and if he's that maniacal, can't I value call him down? You shouldn't be getting outplayed by the BB here.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-04-2005, 05:22 AM
A2s isn't worht much in this spot. I really don't like overlimping in this spot.

jt1
03-04-2005, 05:25 AM
This was tough for that reason. I knew BB was LAG, but I wasn't sure how LAG. A maniac could be called down easy, but this guy I wasn't sure if that wise. I knew I'd feel equally uncomfortable with folding to a raise or calling down. I just thought that I should observe him some more, before I engaged him.