PDA

View Full Version : AKo hand

mungpo
03-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 (poster) calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (13.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Should I have capped it preflop? How about my fold on the turn, should I have called?

Isura
03-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I cap it preflop. Uh, I grudingly fold here too. I think too many hands that would 3-bet preflop have you beat on this board.

Niediam
03-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Fold Preflop.

tijean
03-04-2005, 01:19 AM
PF: Don't see why you need to cap, it's only AK. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Turn: You're getting enough odds to call just on the gutshot, and I think your king outs are still good here, too. What's he on - QQ, AA? He's probably ahead, but it's a definite call. Now, when UTG comes behind you with the c/r - that's when you gotta think about folding.

Isura
03-04-2005, 01:29 AM
I don't think you can count all 4 outs to the gutshot as good. Even though, calling isn't terrible in this large pot.

mungpo
03-04-2005, 01:42 AM
I could have called the turn, but I felt way behind.

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Th Td (three of a kind, tens).
MP1 has Ks Qs (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: UTG wins 15.75 BB. </font>

tijean
03-04-2005, 01:47 AM
You were way behind, but you had odds to call. You can't play by feel. You have to make the right play even (maybe especially) when it feels bad.

detruncate
03-04-2005, 04:20 AM
You should really cut the action off at your decision point in this hand to avoid tainting the advice. Reads would also be welcome.

I don't mind the pf call. It's not a clear capping hand, and I'm curious about whether UTG does the honours.

You can probably find a call on the turn. Difficult situation. It's close enough that getting raised destroys your odds, and you're not closing the action... but there's no real reason to think that UTG will raise.

The Qc improves a lot of his potential holdings if he's a legit pf raiser, but he'd have to catch and be confident enough to push his hand, or be slowplaying a monster (which seems far less likely). Here's where the read would come in handy. Against an average opponent, I don't worry too much about being raised -- his range of hands in this situation will usually be wide enough.

We're not looking too bad against most legit 3-betting hands, and I don't think the presence of UTG changes things enough to turn this into a fold. In fact, we're probably happy to have the extra overlay a lot of the time if he's an average opponent. I'd lean toward calling.