PDA

View Full Version : How Often Does This Happen?

09-18-2002, 07:27 PM
Playing a typical 5-10 at Taj when I got K8d in CO after 3 limpers. Button called SB completes.

Flop Jc6d7d. Both blinds & UTG1, a somewhat fishy CS checked, UTG2, a pretty good player bets, folded to me and I raised. Button folded, SB called all-in, BB folded, UTG1 & 2 both called.

Turn 3d. UTG1 checked, UTG2 bets, I raised and realized I got only 2 more red chips left! I was short stacked and forgot to take money out as I do not have the habit of going all in. UTG1 called 2 bets and UTG2 raised. At this stage, I thought that he got the nuts and I called all in. UTG1 still called.

River a rag. UTG1 checked and folded to UTG2's bet.

UTG 2 showed A9d, I showed my K8d and SB showed QTd.

I was thankful I went all in but the fact that flush over flush is rare enough, how often does flush over flush over flush occur especially with the 3 highest flush on players' hands? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Dynasty
09-18-2002, 07:44 PM
I don't have a statistical answer other than to say "hardly ever".

But, I've got you topped. I've been involved in a flush over flush over flush over flush hand while playing 4-8 at the Monte Carlo. In fact, all four of us flopped a flush. I was in EP and bet the whole way with my King high flush. Nobody ever raised me.

But, the story is even more incredible. Another club came on the river and my King-high flush held up. There were four clubs on the board and eight clubs in the four players hands. The only club unaccounted for was the Ace.

Herb N.
09-18-2002, 07:48 PM
It Happens more often in loose games.I guess I see it once a month.Once playing 10/20 Stud I had Aces rolled up{the first three cards}Another player had rolled up Jacks,and still another player had rolled up Queens..Nice pot! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

sucka
09-18-2002, 09:42 PM
I don't have an exact % either - but needless to say, it's going to happen at lower limits more frequently than in bigger limit games.

This is because so many low limit idiots play any 2 suited looking for the flush. This includes crap like T3, J4, etc... Hands that don't play well at all but the 'gamblers' will play them in any position for any amount of $$ until they at least see enough of the board to figure out that they aren't going to make the flush - then they will fold.

andyfox
09-19-2002, 02:02 AM
That deck coulda used an extra shuffle or two.

M2d
09-19-2002, 05:18 AM
same happened to me a few years back (except it was spades /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif ). My QJ went down to K4 which, in turn was soundly trounced by A3. Sad part was: we made it on the turn and I had a big stack (at the start of the hand, at least).

Munga30
09-19-2002, 09:59 AM
According to the calculations on Brian Alspach's web page, in a 10 handed game with Kxd in your hand and three diamonds on the board, the probability that Axd was dealt to an opponent is .06364.

Losing Flushes (http://www.math.sfu.ca/~alspach/mag57/)

Casey
09-19-2002, 01:57 PM
How about this one from last night. I have A7 or hearts in bb. Flop comes Q23 of hearts, bb bets, a couple of callers and I slowplay call. Turn is the 4 of hearts, bb bets, one caller, I raise, bb reraises caller folds and I raise once more. BB calls. The river comes 5 of hearts. BB bets, I raise, he reraises, I call. Yup, my a-7 of hearts, just got beat by j-6 of hearts.