PDA

View Full Version : Did I play flopped quads ok?

Entity
03-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 2.75 BB

Chris Daddy Cool
03-03-2005, 11:47 PM
this is like the most useless post ever.

Entity
03-03-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is like the most useless post ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll see your useless post, and raise you one more.

GrunchCan
03-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Actually, I think this is a good post. There has been a rash of FPS in micros lately.

Isura
03-03-2005, 11:55 PM
No. Always flop quads in late position.

Francis
03-04-2005, 12:04 AM
yea, I've been looking through my 15K hands in PT, and I have a serious hole in my quad play; The one time I actually got one, I failed to get fair value for my hand, and only won 7BB.

If you're going to go to the bother of flopping quads, you should choose a lower ranked card than 8 to keep the rest of the table in the hand... Next time try quad 2,3, or 4's; they don't seem nearly as scary.

And I did like the suggestion to flop them only in late position.

On a more serious note, I might have tried to slowplay till the turn/river, to try to keep the other player in the hand a bit longer...

Regards,
Francis

GrunchCan
03-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Its impossible for bad quads play to be a major leak. It can only be a very minor leak.

scotty34
03-04-2005, 12:08 AM
If you play at the BBJ tables, that will usually fix this leak.

jskills
03-04-2005, 02:23 AM
Ok wait. What about check / calling here on the flop? What the hell? Give him any chance to get a free card and make something? No?

Entity
03-04-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok wait. What about check / calling here on the flop? What the hell? Give him any chance to get a free card and make something? No?

[/ QUOTE ]
Once I raise preflop, there isn't much I can do to convince him to stay in the hand. I bet hoping he'll have a weakish draw or a bad ace or something, but he doesn't. Checking won't really change it that much, though it might be fun to check quads down. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

Shillx
03-04-2005, 02:55 AM
Way to keep the signal to noise ratio up. I flopped the nut straight tonight at the B&amp;M and saw the flop get capped so there. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Entity
03-04-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Way to keep the signal to noise ratio up. I flopped the nut straight tonight at the B&amp;M and saw the flop get capped so there. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The big thing for me is that I would've raised preflop with so many hands here that I'm betting the flop with, that while I'm sad I didn't get action this time, the other 15 times I've got KQs or KJs I'm happy they fold (even though I still have the best hand then).

Also, I wanted to give some ammunition for everyone who tells me slowplaying is good.

Rob

Knoler
03-04-2005, 04:21 AM
Hey Rob,

You played 'em like a chimp. Bwahahahahaha! I kill me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

On another note, I'm going to be dick, get personal, and humbly suggest that you clear your bonuses multitabling 2/4. I am more certain that you have the skills than I am about the fact that you play quads goot.

Regards,
-Brian

kenberman
03-04-2005, 09:58 AM
you played em better than this guy (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1853091&amp;page=0&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1) at least

itsmesteve
03-04-2005, 10:10 AM
had the same thing happen with deuces (and therefore minus the preflop raise) just the other day. if he's not calling one sb on the flop, he's not calling a bb on the turn.

JerseyTom
03-04-2005, 10:13 AM
You are my idol, Rob... I'm looking at your hand and I'm thinking "man, you have to bet the flop" and you did. Great minds think alike. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Sucks that no one else had a hand. ONLINE POKER IS RIGGED!!!

Allow me to inject even less content in this post by reminding you, kids that fastplaying is still the new slowplaying...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: JerseyTom is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
JerseyTom calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom bets</font>, MP folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
JerseyTom has 5h Ah (flush, ace high).
SB has 7c Td (straight, ten high).
Outcome: JerseyTom wins 17.50 BB. </font>

JordanIB
03-04-2005, 11:03 AM
Check-call the flop. Bet the turn.

Entity
03-04-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Bet the flop, if called, check the turn. I think one of the dumbest things you can do is to check after raising PF from the BB in a HU situation.

Rob

bottomset
03-04-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Bet the flop, if called, check the turn. I think one of the dumbest things you can do is to check after raising PF from the BB in a HU situation.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah its not good to do that

JordanIB
03-04-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... Yes.

Entity
03-04-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm... Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's honestly the fishiest line you can use in these situations. He is not going to take a stab at a bluff at the guy who raised PF from the BB with an Ace-high flop.

Sometimes, when I get lucky, he'll have two hearts or something that constitutes a draw. If he does, then he'll call my bet, and often will bet the turn when I check in resignation. If he has an Ace, he'll at least call my flop bet (sometimes raise) -- but if he doesn't, I don't see him bluffing at me.

If I were to check the flop, I can't imagine that betting the turn is correct.

Your line wouldn't be as bad had I not raised PF, as then, I could allow him to represent an Ace.

Rob