PDA

View Full Version : AQ in BB

chucksim
03-03-2005, 10:53 PM
MP3 will raise any PP and is quite passive post-flop if it does not hit him and there's aggression. Table's overall loose-passive.

Q1. Reraise PF? I didn't as I figured I couldn't isolate MP3 with the other limpers.

Q2. Figured flop CR would thin the field and buy outs a bit better. Comments?

Q3. What do you do on the turn?

Thanks.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero ???

Bizot
03-03-2005, 11:26 PM
i still raise preflop if he plays how you say he does it does 2 things. If he does have a weak PP you are in pretty good shape and also lets other people on the table know you have a good hand also.

I also bet out on the flop if he does raise it that means it will be way slim the field making your odds of winning alot better spiking an A or Q later on.

you have over 10BB in the pot here with over cards... turn call is ehhh his lack of a 3 bet on the flop tells me he doesnt have trips i call folding on the river without an A or Q here.

/edit

then again i think i over play alot of hands like this... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

the_rookie
03-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Q1 - Gap concept. Hands you'd raise with, but wouldn't call with, against a raise. I think this applies, as I raise AQ against limpers, but really hate calling this hand unless it is suited or I'm in the BB. I might call it in the SB at times. With regards to isolating, I'm not sure you can with this many limpers as you said yourself.

Q2 - I like the checkraise for the reasons you stated.

Q3 - fold. You're drawing to about two outs. Your overcards have just been reduced on the turn because you hold neither of the A or Q of hearts making your outs dirty.

EDIT- I didn't take time to read the reads. If villian bets out any pair, disregard my comments about folding AQ. Easy call if he's the only one showing aggresion. I still like the play on the flop though.

Isura
03-03-2005, 11:53 PM
I don't like the flop check-raise. You're playing 2 overcards out of position against 6 opponents, and check-raising doesn't really help define where you stand either. You might be able to fold A5 or A3 but not A9, so I'd say you're maybe buying less than 1 out to the Ace. If you had A8 or AT then it's more important to buy outs since your kicker makes a low pair and you'd like to see hands like KT fold. I would check-call and flold UI. I think something as little as a backdoor flush could swing the argument to your line.