PDA

View Full Version : Calling all-ins

bweiser8311962
03-03-2005, 10:24 PM
You're in the big blind. Say the blinds are 300/600 and you have 5200.

What are some of the criteria you use to decide whether to call an all-in (you are the only one left to make this call)?

I find myself using the "any two cards" rule and losing extra chips - never a lot, but sometimes I think I'd be better of folding, even to a 300-chip raise.

Thoughts?

wiggs73
03-03-2005, 11:05 PM
It depends largely on how many chips it will cost me if I lose. In general (though there is never a situation that will be 'general'), I'd call with AT or a better ace and 88 or a better pair. I think these are the hands eastbay's analysis showed would be favored heads up against a random hand from a range of any ace and any PP. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that. For the question you're asking, number of people left and stack sizes play a HUGE role.

applejuicekid
03-03-2005, 11:23 PM
The other players stack sizes are more important in this situation than your cards. When I have this many chips I try to keep the short stacks around.

GtrHtr
03-04-2005, 11:26 AM
When you have superior hands. Superior hands is dependant on how many hands are still playing, but you get the idea.