PDA

View Full Version : A situation I have difficulty with

teajay
03-03-2005, 09:18 PM
How did I play this hand?
The situation I have some difficulty with is when the flop pairs after I have raised, I always question myself.

Cheers,
Travis

*edit* - no reads

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (8.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (14.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Shillx
03-03-2005, 09:24 PM
Usually the villian will have a 3 in this spot. If I were the BB, I might play something like AK this way. Notice that the board is drawless on the turn, so I don't really mind it getting checked though. Any non-ace hand has just 2 outs against me (or is drawing dead). Having said that, the villian will usually be holding a 3 in this spot given that he check/raised both you and a caller.

Brad

LoaferGee12
03-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Hard to fold but you pretty much never win here unless the BB is a LAG or something. I probably can't resist calling but I truly think folding is the better play here.

jaxUp
03-03-2005, 09:31 PM
I think it seems kind of silly to not bet the turn here Shill, wouldn't we want a value bet here? That said, do you think we could fold outright to the turn C/R?

Shillx
03-03-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it seems kind of silly to not bet the turn here Shill, wouldn't we want a value bet here? That said, do you think we could fold outright to the turn C/R?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that I wouldn't bet the turn. I was saying that a wise BB might play Ax this way. I think we are in bad shape though against a typical player who check/raises us on the turn in a protected pot.

Brad

Revid
03-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Shill nailed it. I don't think there is a hand that BB has that you can beat (he either has a three or an ace that outkicks you). I think he has a BB hand like 34s, even though you raised preflop and he should have folded you only have 2 outs (2 aces, maybe only one if button has one).

I think you fold this when raised on the turn, especially with the button still to act behind you.

gvibes
03-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Does anyone check this flop 6-handed?

Isura
03-04-2005, 12:00 AM
I play it the same way against most opponents. When the flop is paired (especially with low cards) it is usually a good for overcards since it's less likely someone has a pair.