PDA

View Full Version : i prefer being a woman

tdarko
03-03-2005, 09:17 PM
well not literally /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

half my screenames are a woman's name and the other half are neutral (doesnt show male or female hints) and i am a big fan of the woman's name for a different reason than everyone lists. i find that players are WAY friendlier to me when i am a woman's name, forget what people say about men paying women off as the reason to have a woman's screename.
anyone else have any similiar thoughts?

theTourne
03-04-2005, 12:40 AM
i have a woman's name on one site. i agree that people are friendlier. the only thing i don't like is the occasional flirting. makes me feal kind of awkward.

tdarko
03-04-2005, 12:48 AM
my screename one time had to do with a cat and i actually had a guy say to me, "i would love to pet your cat any day of the week." my avatar was a picture of my girlfriend so it made me feel REALLY strange.

SoftcoreRevolt
03-04-2005, 01:31 AM
I have a female sounding name on Party, but it isn't actually a female's name. (It is a tribute to the legendary star of LASERBLAST) No one has been nice to me yet.

One guy did yell at me for 10 minutes for three betting TT though. That is.. a kind of nice.

Reef
03-04-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the only thing i don't like is the occasional flirting. makes me feal kind of awkward.

[/ QUOTE ]

TomBrooks
03-05-2005, 01:50 PM
I can't chat much when I'm 3 or 4 tabling. When I'm on one or two tables, I like to chat sometimes, but I would rather present myself as I really am. I think the conversations are more rewarding if they're based on something real.

=TomBk

poison_lady
03-05-2005, 02:16 PM
men pretending to be women....lol....I am sure all of us women are getting a chuckle out of this.

Wahoo91
03-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Some of my screen names are women for the reasons you mention. I have never really noticed any difference in play. I just don't think people pay that much attention to screen names to matter one way or another.

If it had proven to be effective I would certainly do it more.

stir
03-07-2005, 01:25 PM
My experience has been a little different: I think many players have raised w/ crap on the flop trying to intimidate my "female" alterego/name.

CORed
03-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Ah! the internet, where the men are men, the women are men, and the teenage girls are FBI agents.

schwza
03-07-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah! the internet, where the men are men, the women are men, and the teenage girls are FBI agents.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TomBrooks
03-07-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think many players have raised w/ crap on the flop trying to intimidate my "female" alterego/name.

[/ QUOTE ]I have noticed that female players seem to tend to be passive. I am going by a small sample size though having been playing only a few months and I only see perhaps 1 in 30 names that are feminine. I have not studied this carefully either, it's just a general pattern I've noticed to some degree.