PDA

View Full Version : Limit: A6o on TT6 board

John Paul
03-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Note: If you also play limit and want to post out hands, try putting "Limit:" in the subject line so limit players can find each other.

When the flop came, I figured I had a good chance to be best - I figured the initial bettor might be on overcards, so I would raise him and fold to a 3Bet.

As the hand played out I got more action than I thought I would on later streets. How should I have played - folded? more aggro?

Thanks

Party Poker Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t50 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t495)
Button (t2555)
SB (t570)
Hero (t905)
UTG (t1285)
MP1 (t500)
MP2 (t1690)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB, t200) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB, t500) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB, t900) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB (t1100)

curtains
03-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Once UTG calls on the flop you are probably in big trouble.

Seadood228
03-03-2005, 09:30 PM
With a flop like this, you have to ask yourself if you plan on taking it to the river with X callers pretty early in the hand. If the answer is no, I'd say raise it and be prepared to dump if you get ANY callers. There is no possible hand they could be calling a raise with that you beat. If your opponent is known to be tricky or Laggy, then possibly go into check/calldown mode after that, but I still think I'd check/fold or pay 1 more bet to see a showdown. You are representing a big hand, and for them to hang in there with no draws on the board usually means they have your pair beaten.

There's no need to get aggro here for any reason other than protecting your hand. A better hand will not fold, and the likelyhood of being behind is too great to warrant some value bets.

John Paul
03-05-2005, 10:20 AM
As it happend UTG showed down with T9 and took the pot. Next time a situation like this comes up I think I will just fold. Even if I was ahead on the flop, it would not take much to beat me by the river and I ended up wasting most of my stack on this.

John Paul