PDA

View Full Version : Analyze please

string4
03-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Just reached 600 hands at this limit, the leak i'm working on is not folding so much postflop on hands i should be stretching out (as i'm reading in SSH currently), and to strengthen my play out of the SB - hoping to see if i'm on the right track.

Villan is new to the table (18 hands) but is looking like a fish, around 40% VP$IP, 0.0 PFR. The only two hands i've seen from him were mediocre, and he has a .29 postflop aggression factor.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button :#A500AF(Villan)/ calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, Villan calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Villan calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villan raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

One of my main questions was whether calling the raise at the end was the right play or not; i seem to have so many problems with two-pair hands! Thanks for any help!

Entity
03-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Your preflop call is TERRIBLE. Fold preflop.

I would bet the river and fold to a raise.

Rob

Shillx
03-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Good god fold preflop. Fold to the river raise as well.

Brad

string4
03-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Hmmm... My earlier problem was I was hardly playing anything out of the small blind (approx 9%) - The players in were really loose...

From what I've read, play looser out of the blind with multiway pots when you have straight connectors - Maybe i've loosened up to far!

Shillx
03-03-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... My earlier problem was I was hardly playing anything out of the small blind (approx 9%) - The players in were really loose...

From what I've read, play looser out of the blind with multiway pots when you have straight connectors - Maybe i've loosened up to far!

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? How is your VPSB 9%!?!?

Anyway this pot isn't exactly multiway. I would throw 63s into the muck in this spot, it is just too weak. The idea is that you can play almost ANYTHING suited when like 3+ people limp in. You will also be playing any pair and good offsuit cards (like JTo). That is a lot of hands you will be playing in the SB.

Brad

tytygoodnuts
03-03-2005, 07:34 PM
I would call the river. With 9.5:1 you only need to win once in 10 times.
Refer to the preflop guide in SSH if you are getting confused on what to play in the SB.