PDA

View Full Version : AQo Against a Raise

waynethetrain
03-03-2005, 06:54 PM
General Question.

Do you play AQo from late position against a raise from middle position?

What if it was an opening raise from middle position?

What about from late middle position if it was an open raise from middle position?

DavidC
03-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Very read specific.

If I respect the guy, or he's a rock, I may fold it, may call.

If I don't, I'm going to re-raise to blast the blinds out of the hand if it's an open raise, or for value against a field.

If it gets capped back to me, I scream, swear, run to the bathroom, cry, and run back before it's my turn again.

I find it keeps me off tilt.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your last two questions might be identical.

AQ is a really powerful hand. Try not to hold back on it unless you're up against super-tight raisers.

Even then, from middle position, they could be raising with a variety of hands...

--Dave.

Shillx
03-03-2005, 07:20 PM
I dunno what I would do, but consistantly throwing away AQ to a PF raise is just silly.

Brad

Entity
03-03-2005, 07:32 PM
I 3-bet with AQo against players I know will change their opening standards based on position.

I also frequently throw it away to EP raises from the same set of players.

Rob

waynethetrain
03-03-2005, 09:37 PM
I've been mucking it against early position raises and early middle position raises that weren't open raises.

I've been reraising against open raises from middle position on the assumption that some people lower their standards for a raise if they open up from the middle.

This is at least reasonable right?