PDA

View Full Version : Hello,Players1 From Sitting Bull---On 6th Str. in...

09-18-2002, 02:48 PM
a heads-up contest,Player1 has pocket K's and a K showing.
His opponent has a gut shot Str8 draw showing.
Player1 SHOWS his hand to his opponent. He is holding a set of K's.
He bets and his opponent RAISES!
What should Player1 do on 6th assuming that the pot is offering 6 to 1?
Now let's assume that player1 doesn't fill on 7 th.
What should he do ?
Let's further assume that player1 has no knowledge of his opponent.

Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull

09-18-2002, 02:58 PM
Call 6th -- you are getting odds to redraw. (if you hadn't
shown that you only had trips, you could raise here)
Call river -- since you don't know your opponent and are
getting 9-1 on your call, I don't see how you can fold here.

09-18-2002, 04:04 PM
Player 1 should keep his hand to himself. This is just a bad practice.

However, I can't help but think a river check-raise is in order. This is certainly a time to try it.

09-18-2002, 05:54 PM
this seems pretty "straight"forward. Sorry /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

even if the trip kings is behind on sixth he has odds to draw so he should at least call. if it were me i would raise! if he has a straight and i raise him and he checks the river then i have lost nothing as compared to what would happen if i called on sixth and then he bets and i call on the river. if i fill i can bet and he will call making me another bet. if he is the type of player who will still bet a straight on the river after getting raised and shown three kings then i would try to find a softer game.

given the way you described it you have to call on the river as well. the pot is large and there is certainly some possibility he is bluffing. he could be bluffing just on the fact that showing three kings would not be done by someone who could beat a straight under almost every circumstance.

pat

Ray Zee
09-18-2002, 10:36 PM
well, first of all depending on whats out. the trip kings is say around a 3 to one dog. so that answers the first question. since you are not showing a pair you cant raise back at all as you will just get reraised. so you call and fold on the river if you dont improve. few if any players except a real thinker that knows you will ever raise you here without the straight. and i dont believe he was a real thinker as he would have had the fool broke by now that shows this kind of hand into a four card straight on board.

09-19-2002, 03:02 PM
Hello,Players! It's interesting that Ray was the only poster that advised FOLDING the set of K's on 7th--the other posters recommend calling for the size of the pot.

Well , if the player had played this way against Sitting Bull,he would have folded on 7th Str,as advised by Ray!

However,this player ,after seeing his opponent set of K's,decided to make a "move" on him--hoping that his opponent doesn't fill and trying to convince him that he indeed have a Str8.
He continued the drive on 7th when his opponent with the set checked.
The other player paused for about 2 minutes and was about to release his hand but then decided to make a "crying" call.
The "gut-shot" player was on a semi-bluff on 6th and a pure bluff on 7th.
the Set took down the pot.

H /forums/images/icons/smile.gif appy pokering,
Sitting Bull