PDA

View Full Version : small pp against preflop raiser

jt1
03-03-2005, 06:00 PM
pary $3-6. Button is a good player

EP limps. Hero with 33 limps. Button raises. SB folds. BB folds. EP calls. Hero calls

4 8 2 rainbow

EP checks. hero checks. Button bets. EP folds. Hero raises. Button calls.

Hero bets...

what do you think?

mr pink
03-03-2005, 06:07 PM
i like it. you probably have the best hand, a lot of players would bet in that spot with literally any 2 cards. the check/raise and lead out on the turn puts a lot of pressure on him with just overcards cause you're representing a lot stronger hand than just a pair of treys. it gets trickier if the button plays back at you on the turn though. if he calls the turn, i'd bet the river as well unless it's an A,K or queen comes off.

what was your plan if the EP called the button's bet?

masonx
03-03-2005, 06:11 PM
i make this play frequently in that situation against pretty much all opponents.

Edit- usually i like the flops to be a little less than 10high though. still i like it

cold_cash
03-03-2005, 06:18 PM
I can dig it so far.

What do you do if a facecard falls on the turn? Bet and fold?

Fat Nicky
03-03-2005, 06:43 PM
i agree with everyone so far and like it as well. I use this play often, especially against players that raise a lot of hands.

jt1
03-03-2005, 11:44 PM
The button raised me on turn and I folded. I figured this was a mandatory fold. Right?

toman8r
03-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Right.

ewile
03-04-2005, 12:55 AM
I like it. I would probably fold to a raise here though.

dblgutshot
03-04-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i like it. you probably have the best hand, a lot of players would bet in that spot with literally any 2 cards. the check/raise and lead out on the turn puts a lot of pressure on him with just overcards cause you're representing a lot stronger hand than just a pair of treys. it gets trickier if the button plays back at you on the turn though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this line and have been using it with some success at folding overcards and winning the pot on the turn or river blank.

[ QUOTE ]
if he calls the turn, i'd bet the river as well unless it's an A,K or queen comes off.

what was your plan if the EP called the button's bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now what is the plan if an AKQ shows up? Check and how often should we be calling the river bet? What about the AKQ that comes on the turn? WHen that happens the pot is a bit smaller.

jt1
03-04-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd fold to a flop raise? I wouldn't as a good player will cap for the free card here with overs. I'd call and fold to a bet on the turn. I did fold to a turn raise.

ewile
03-04-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd fold to a flop raise? I wouldn't as a good player will cap for the free card here with overs. I'd call and fold to a bet on the turn. I did fold to a turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no I meant that I'd fold to a raise on the turn. (Which is exactly what you did).

jt1
03-04-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now what is the plan if an AKQ shows up? Check and how often should we be calling the river bet? What about the AKQ that comes on the turn? WHen that happens the pot is a bit smaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. I've been check calling such a river, and probably being too agg by betting a high turn and continuing on the river. I think in both instances, a check fold is appropriate