PDA

View Full Version : Checking the turn with the probable best hand last to act.

A_C_Slater
03-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Paradise Poker 1-2

Ten handed game.

UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, 5 calls, AC raises on button with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, SB calls, BB calls, 5 calls.

8 handed--FLOP: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 raises, CO folds, AC reraises, SB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

5 players---TURN: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, AC checks.....?

What do you think?

cold_cash
03-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Don't you think MP3 would cap the flop w/ a 2?

I really don't want to give a free card. I would bet/fold, most likely.

TwoShedsJackson
03-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Bet - with a draw to the nut flush you make money on every bet that goes in the pot when you have three or more callers. You also have TPTK.

Why give anyone on a club draw a free look at the river?

Firefly
03-03-2005, 05:13 PM
You can't bet/fold the turn. You have ATLEAST 2 more Qs to the probable nuts and an A-high flush draw. Bet the turn. Call a raise and if raised c/c the river UI. If just called on the turn, that's a whole different story. That would be my line atleast.

davelin
03-03-2005, 05:13 PM
You raised the flop because you thought you were the best. The turn didn't change that.

Entity
03-03-2005, 05:14 PM
I hate it.

wyoak
03-03-2005, 05:16 PM
"probable best hand last to act."
doesn't that really say it all? not sure why you wouldn't bet...

atnels
03-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Yes, you have to bet the turn. I would even call one bet back to me, because you have lots of outs here:

9 diamonds, discounted to say 7 outs with the board paired
A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif = 1 - 1.5 outs
A /images/graemlins/club.gif 0 outs (With the flop action somebody has to be on the clubs)
2 remaining Q's: 2 outs

I'm not going to go through the post to figure out the pot sizes but I think Hero is really in pretty fair position here.

cold_cash
03-03-2005, 05:51 PM
I didn't notice we picked up the flush draw.

This makes me dislike the check even more.

Bet/call.