PDA

View Full Version : Why Must I Lower The Toilet Seat?

Skip Brutale
03-03-2005, 04:56 PM
I was just trying to mind my own business, taking a piss in this bathroom at work. I finished up, looking down and smiling, yes someday, you will make a girl or effiminate man very happy or sad, some day.

Anyways, I then noticed a note that said please lower the toilet seat. Why? Because women are too [censored] lazy to lower it themselves? How about please raise it when your done!

What happens is they go into the bathroom, sit, [censored], and leave. I go into the bathroom, must raise the seat, pee, then lower it. That is 2 things I must do to their none, not fair.

What gives? There is no justice. Are women so stupid they try to sit when the seat is up? I don't get it. This isn't equal rights.

jakethebake
03-03-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was just trying to mind my own business, taking a piss in this bathroom at work. I finished up, looking down and smiling, yes someday, you will make a girl or effiminate man very happy or sad, some day.

Anyways, I then noticed a note that said please lower the toilet seat. Why? Because women are too [censored] lazy to lower it themselves? How about please raise it when your done!

What happens is they go into the bathroom, sit, [censored], and leave. I go into the bathroom, must raise the seat, pee, then lower it. That is 2 things I must do to their one, not fair.

What gives? There is no justice. Are women so stupid they try to sit when the seat is up? I don't get it. This isn't equal rights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you flushed the note.

stabn
03-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Because women are always right.

IndieMatty
03-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Because of the worst possible result factor coupled with remnants of chivalry.

Mens Worst result? You piss on the seat.

Her Worst Result? She gets her ass wet with toilet water.

So you being a supposed advanced lifeform, should show signs of "common courtesy", and help avoid the greater evil.

Ass wet with toilet water would probably not make many women very happy, unhappy woman, means trouble for every man.

Get it? It's really not too hard.

The Dude
03-03-2005, 05:11 PM
I always lower the seat and lid when I'm done, and it bugs me when people come into my house and don't do the same. It's like "Hey, everybody look at this pot that I sh*t and piss in."

Basic rule: Leave it the way you found it.

HDPM
03-03-2005, 05:13 PM
No, this is wrong. See, because women sit on the seat, they should be responsible for putting it down. Logic dictates why. If a man walks into the bathroom and the seat is up, he doesn't have to touch the seat. If the seat is down, he has to lift it up, then he has to put it down, he then has to touch the seat twice where he would not have had to touch it once. Women OTOH touch the seat anyway so the hardship of making them touch the seat with their hands is negligible. The most important value to serve is touching the seat of a public toilet as few times as possible. Since women have to touch it anyway the burden should be on them to deal with it. The rule should be leave the seat up. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

WDC
03-03-2005, 05:14 PM
I too have questioned this. My wife tried to explain that it is because sometimes she gets up in the middle of the night and forgets to check to see if it is down. I told her r that anyone who doies not look at the toilet seat before using deserves whatever they get whether it be a fall in a bigger than expected whole or a seat that is wet. Comon she expects me to look before I use it in the middle of the night.

BTW I have no problems with the signs that asjk that you raise the seat before doing your stand up business.

astroglide
03-03-2005, 05:22 PM
i've always refused to with every girl i've lived with including the current one and none have had a problem with it. guy lifts seat, guy lowers seat: 2 steps. girl doesn't lift seat, girl doesn't lower seat: 0 steps. if i have to lift or she has to lower, that's 1 step maximum.

manpower
I leave it up at my house. Why? 'Cause I don't want guys pissing on my seat!

IndieMatty
Just because you have to touch it more logic is wrong. What about the logic of...for both genders 4 total bathroom functions 3/4s of the time the seat should be down....

We could use even more logic, why not just piss outside? in the sink? Logic does not belong in the bathroom.

I'll stick with common courtesy and avoiding the bigger evil---women with wet toilet water asses.

Skip Brutale
[ QUOTE ]

So you being a supposed advanced lifeform, should show signs of "common courtesy", and help avoid the greater evil.

Ass wet with toilet water would probably not make many women very happy, unhappy woman, means trouble for every man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matty, when sitting to go #2 have you ever sat in toilet water and realized, silly me the seat is up! Well, you probably have, but I haven't. If you are stupid enough to do this you deserve to fall in. From now on I'm always leaving the seat up to mess up men and women like you. Even after I take a dump I'm raising the seat.

Skip Brutale
03-03-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i've always refused to with every girl i've lived with including the current one and none have had a problem with it. guy lifts seat, guy lowers seat: 2 steps. girl doesn't lift seat, girl doesn't lower seat: 0 steps. if i have to lift or she has to lower, that's 1 step maximum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

astroglide
03-03-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about the logic of...for both genders 4 total bathroom functions 3/4s of the time the seat should be down

[/ QUOTE ]

3 out of 4 functions, but NOWHERE NEAR 3 out of 4 times. furthermore, unless somebody is sick they're generally not going to be taking a dump at 3 in the morning on a weekday.

beerbandit
03-03-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

i would think women would want to raise it when they leave and then lower it, to prevent the lazy man from pissing all over where they sit --

cheers

cnfuzzd
03-03-2005, 05:34 PM
this is waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy cooler than sfer's denim thread....

peace

john nickle

deacsoft
03-03-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always lower the seat and lid when I'm done, and it bugs me when people come into my house and don't do the same. It's like "Hey, everybody look at this pot that I sh*t and piss in."

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more.

And on a lighter note... Does this place look like I'm [censored] married? The toilet seat's up, man.

IndieMatty
03-03-2005, 05:43 PM
I seem to guess none of you have ever sat in the toilet water as you are all Internet Poker Pros and wouldn't fit.

Oh dang snap.

Yeah, no never happened to me. I'm just looking for the greater good man, my intentions are honest.

Oh and I use the heal of my shoe when touching someone elses toilet. I never touch it with my hands.

beerbandit
03-03-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
women with wet toilet water asses

[/ QUOTE ]

how can you not notice if the seat is up --- a guy must take the time and check if the seat is down and then lift it up and then sit it back down

so women just go in there without looking and plop down --- what if the lid was down too, that may create a big mess - even worse then toilet water ass

i am lazy -- but i pretty much always put the seat/lid back to wear it was, especially at someones house

i guess i really dont care, it seems alot women get pissed off by stupid [censored] so i guess its not that big of a deal to do it -- i guess that both guys and girls sit on the seat so maybe guys do not like to sit on a pissy seat

maybe some guys sit down all the time --- i ahte it when i sit down, take a dump, get up and then have to piss again

cheers

InchoateHand
03-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Are you kidding me? I'm an almost exclusively night-time dumper, that and about two hours after my daily bowl of grapenuts. But I keep odd hours.

TimM
03-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Are we talking about just the seat? Or the seat and lid as well?

At home, the seat and lid go down when I am done. It just looks better and also makes it less likely for something to get dropped in the water accidentally.

None of the places I've worked at have lids on the bowls. Everyone just left the seat however it was when they are done using it, and no one ever complained.

The excuse of falling in doesn't fly at work because you aren't going in there half asleep in the dark. If you fall in during the day, at work and presumably sober, and with the lights on more than once in your life, you deserve it.

astroglide
03-03-2005, 05:55 PM
i obviously meant after a couple had gone to sleep and it is dark in the room/bathroom

prrthd
03-03-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect logic. My wife and I made this agreement when we first moved in together. Before that, when she would come over to my place she would put the seat back up and when I came over to her place I would put it back down.

InchoateHand
03-03-2005, 05:58 PM
My afternoon drinking needs to take a break. Living longterm with a woman cleared up the toilet seat thing quickly---nothing like that terrifying night time scream to put the fear of death in you.

The Dude
03-03-2005, 06:08 PM
deacsoft,

Well played on all streets.

steaknshake925
03-03-2005, 06:08 PM
In China we always leave the seat up.

SCfuji
03-03-2005, 06:16 PM
no... her worst result is getting her butt wet with my piss. ergo, she should leave the seat up for me as it is in her butt's best interest. in return i would be happy to prevent her ass from getting wet with toilet water by leaving the seat down for her.

[censored]
03-03-2005, 06:23 PM
[censored] bitches man. Don't flush at all.

Dead
03-03-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right, Dude.

daveymck
03-03-2005, 06:32 PM
If the seat is constantly left up you are selfish and inconsiderate, I still dont know why and still dont understand, I have a young daughter so it makes a difference. But if on a night I am sitting having a few beers I dont see why the seat cant be left up for my increased pit stops.

Damn woman.

Tboner7
03-03-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are we talking about just the seat? Or the seat and lid as well?

At home, the seat and lid go down when I am done. It just looks better and also makes it less likely for something to get dropped in the water accidentally.

None of the places I've worked at have lids on the bowls. Everyone just left the seat however it was when they are done using it, and no one ever complained.

The excuse of falling in doesn't fly at work because you aren't going in there half asleep in the dark. If you fall in during the day, at work and presumably sober, and with the lights on more than once in your life, you deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Once I almost dropped my toothbrush in the toilet, and ever since I always put it down.

The Dude
03-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Don't worry, the floor around the toilet is just as dirty. You didn't miss anything.

ricochet420
03-03-2005, 07:11 PM
In my house the lid and seat both get put down afterwards. Who wants to look at the inside of a dam toilet when you walk in. Yes, it gets cleaned once a week, but in the mean time....come on guys!!!!

pheasant tail (no 18)
03-03-2005, 07:15 PM
Why not just save all that effort and learn to not hit seat much. Surely a few drops of urine are better than a submerged taint, poopy-soggy vagina and greasy shpincter.

Or maybe we could all just remember to have the seat down when we sit and save the bitchin' for when the men really screw up. We will, just wait. Then we will be in trouble for something real and you are still happy to get to vent. Then you can have a good excuse to say those dreaded four words "we need to talk".

W/ just a little patience, we can all be miserable and feel that we're right. The best of both worlds.

Skjonne
03-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Another marvelous thread!

On a related basis, I once had girlfriend whos roommate had a cat. Yes, a censored cat. Now because of this four legged fugly creature, it's was very important that one remembered to lower the toilet seats, both of them, because the little pathetic excuse for an animal used the toilet to jump to the window so that it could get in and out of the department as the Sir Mr. Cat liked. WFT? Not only were I expected to think of that animal every time I used the bathroom, but said bathroom were always bleeding cold because the window had to left open

Yes, of course I once in a while left the seat up on purpose, but I never suceeded in drowning the little sucker.

Thanks for listening, nice to get it off my chest after all these years.

And remember next time you're upset about having to lower the toilet seat to please a woman: I had to do it to please a cat!

Ulysses
03-03-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Matty, when sitting to go #2 have you ever sat in toilet water and realized, silly me the seat is up! Well, you probably have, but I haven't. If you are stupid enough to do this you deserve to fall in.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHHAHAHAHA....

Tboner7
03-03-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry, the floor around the toilet is just as dirty. You didn't miss anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it didn't hit the floor. It bounced off the counter up in the air and I caught it before it went in the toilet. If I hadn't caught it, it would have gone straight in.

Bluffoon
03-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Is it really a big deal? My woman has to put up with my not inconsiderable annoying habits and silly stuff and my general lack of concern for cleaning. She is going to be dusting and vacuuming and windexing just about everything because she is going to think it needs it way before I do and she is going to do most of the laundry and the cooking to unless she wants food poisoning or likes to wear her pants until they won't bend at the knee. Not even to mention all the other little favors that keep me happy.

I'll put the seat down for her if that makes her happy.

PokerCat69
03-03-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100%. I always put the seat down because it makes her happy and doesn't require any effort to do.

AEKDBet
03-03-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100%. I always put the seat down because it makes her happy and doesn't require any effort to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw that, you need to change her outlook on the toilet seat. Tell her that everytime she lowers the toilet seat she burns 3 calories. 5 if it pisses her off.

bholdr
03-03-2005, 09:53 PM
it's not like it's hard to put it down, and if you get some drops on the rim, it covers them up nicely. it's just the classy move, why not?

...and late at night when they're drinking or not paying attention, sometimes a girl will fall in. not a good thing if you're trying to get some.

putting the seat down is +EV.

jakethebake
03-04-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you just described what happens if we don't raise the seat. This has nothing to do with lowering when we're done.

Skip Brutale
03-05-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw that, what about me and my feelings? They don't matter because I'm a man? What if it makes me happy for her to lift the seat when she is done? Grow a pair, you guys are whipped.

Skip Brutale
03-05-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's not like it's hard to put it down, and if you get some drops on the rim, it covers them up nicely. it's just the classy move, why not?

...and late at night when they're drinking or not paying attention, sometimes a girl will fall in. not a good thing if you're trying to get some.

putting the seat down is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't about EV. This is about RIGHT AND WRONG, and it's wrong to lower the seat after I'm done! They need to take some responsibility. Someone will not always be there to lower the seat for them!

DavidC
03-05-2005, 11:19 PM
... because you've been told.

Women give birth, men put the seat down... kinda the way it works.

It's not a big deal.

(I'm a 23 year old guy, and I'm really forgetful, and I know it's a pain in the ass, but you've gotta know when to go with the flow.)

Edit: Although I must say that I really do like your 2:1 comparison thing... good angle on an old debate!

Clarkmeister
03-05-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why Must I Lower The Toilet Seat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two very good reasons.

1. You are a grown man. Show a little courtesy to the women. They generally don't want to see the piss encrusted rim of the toilet. Neither do most guys, frankly. Is it that hard to be a gentleman?

2. If the woman living with you is your significant other, why create a potential artificial impediment to getting laid?

Riskwise
03-05-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll stick with common courtesy and avoiding the bigger evil---women with wet toilet water asses.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill stick with not living with any females that suffer from syndrom of a down. i mean honestly, how hard can it be to not sit down when there is nothing to sit on. and the middle of the night [censored] is NOT the mans fault when the woman is trying to piss in the dark. I dont complain if i get up in the middle of the night, refuse to switch that switch, go to piss, short it, so it splatters all over my legs.

astroglide
03-06-2005, 12:19 AM
why would somebody bother dating somebody who has such retarded 'artificial impediments to getting laid'?

The Dude
03-06-2005, 12:31 AM
You realize you're talking about like 50% of the female population, right?

astroglide
03-06-2005, 12:45 AM
it's probably more than 50%. but when you look at the majority of any group it's basically going to be bad. most people are stupid. etc. i probably couldn't tolerate 90% of the female population but that still accomodates me fine.

i guess it's some kind of unique achievement, but in life i consider "getting laid" (i wouldn't even use the term because i don't like the gift that the word "getting" denotes) with a partner about as much of a win as...going out to eat. or watching a movie. it's an enjoyable activity that people do together, it's not some reward i got and i would never date somebody who would have me earn it. i think that's pathetic.

daryn
03-06-2005, 12:46 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
You realize you're talking about like 50% of the female population, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying you think at least 50% of the female population is dateable?

The Dude
03-06-2005, 12:50 AM
I agree that either party (although let's be honest, 99% of the time it's the girl) withholding sex as leverage is unhealthy. I was just trying to make a comment on how many people in our society use stupid crap as leverage.

And you're right, it probably is more like 80%.

The Dude
03-06-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, more than 50% of the female population gets married in their lifetimes. So while I certainly wouldn't touch 'em, I guess they are "dateable" by somebody's standards.

Riskwise
03-06-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, more than 50% of the female population gets married in their lifetimes. So while I certainly wouldn't touch 'em, I guess they are "dateable" by somebody's standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yeah, i may be shallow but the idea of partner marriages just seems unhealthy. (when two ugly people marry each other for the company, cause you know theres no sex, at least you hope there isn't)

Ionphore
03-06-2005, 01:30 AM
This has been briefly mentioned elsewhere in the thread. But women need the seat down 100% of the time. And men probably need it down about 20-35% of the time. So the majority of toilet usage requires the seat down. If you get in the habit of doing it, it will reflect positively on you when guests are over. The opposite sex will appreciate it, and that never hurts. If its an issue you really feel so strongly about that you think the seat should always be left upright, I would just assume you are an annoying person to be around because you are a little too self involved. Lucky for you though, girls are attracted to assholes...

astroglide
03-06-2005, 02:48 AM
20-35%? i piss like 8000 times times per day and [censored] once.

goofball
03-06-2005, 02:55 AM
I've started sitting while I pee. Go crazy with if you must but i'm comfortable with my masculinity and for gods sake, why stand when you can sit?

DavidC
03-06-2005, 02:56 AM
I agree... I don't like touching the seat.

But I leave it down when I'm done...

How is this possible?

Easy.

Leave the seat down, take your leak, wipe the seat, flush, and go.

chabibi
03-06-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've started sitting while I pee. Go crazy with if you must but i'm comfortable with my masculinity and for gods sake, why stand when you can sit?

[/ QUOTE ]
at least lie and say you are an alcoholic and have very bad aim

Clarkmeister
03-06-2005, 04:25 AM
You are so hardcore. It's awesome.

astroglide
03-06-2005, 12:20 PM
it's not hardcore. everybody has to satisfy everybody else or nothing will get done but in a relationship it should be mostly an exchange of gifts, not an exchange of payments.

peachy
03-06-2005, 01:00 PM
its not our fault u have a penis...and i dont want to sit on a seat that u hit b/c u cant aim

personally...i would never be with a guy long term that doesnt have the desensecy to put the seat back down when hes done

leave it as u found it...its not our job to pick up UR slack b/c u HAVE to hit the seat

daryn
03-06-2005, 01:24 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
its not our fault u have a penis...and i dont want to sit on a seat that u hit b/c u cant aim

personally...i would never be with a guy long term that doesnt have the desensecy to put the seat back down when hes done

leave it as u found it...its not our job to pick up UR slack b/c u HAVE to hit the seat

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't get it. you say leave it as you found it. ok, should you do the same?

AncientPC
03-06-2005, 01:59 PM
F*ck that, women have gravity on their side and work is shared.

That was my answer to my SO who complained about sitting on the rim when she went for midnight pees.