PDA

View Full Version : Ace Overcard, Weak OESD and BDFD.

parappa
03-03-2005, 04:43 PM
UTG+2 is a moneybag, CO is an eagle. The hand is from my PT so I'm not sure how much of a read I had at the time.

Should I raise the flop? I'm estimating about 6.5 outs for the OESD since I have the wrong end, plus 3 for the ace and the bdfd, making like 9.5. The raise wouldn't be for value, and CO was the PFR. I want him to fold, not 3-bet.

I think I can call on the turn.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

KaiShin
03-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Your ace outs are likely no good due to CO's raise. I'd probably raise the flop, fold to a 3-bet.

I'd fold the turn with the backdoor flush draw off the table.

btspider
03-03-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your ace outs are likely no good due to CO's raise. I'd probably raise the flop, fold to a 3-bet.

I'd fold the turn with the backdoor flush draw off the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

folding this turn HU would be absolutely terrible. do you see why?

how many outs do you have against these hands:
QQ
KK/JJ/TT/99
AA

@bsolute_luck
03-03-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CO is an eagle

[/ QUOTE ] what does that mean? since i don't know what that means, my help will probably be wrong but here goes....

i'd raise the pot since it probably missed everyone and you have the outs to raise. i'd have trouble folding to a 3-bet because the flush/straight are still out there, call the turn, and check/fold the river UI- unless you're dying to know what he had.

parappa
03-03-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CO is an eagle

[/ QUOTE ] what does that mean? since i don't know what that means, my help will probably be wrong but here goes....

i'd raise the pot since it probably missed everyone and you have the outs to raise. i'd have trouble folding to a 3-bet because the flush/straight are still out there, call the turn, and check/fold the river UI- unless you're dying to know what he had.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that means that he's Tight (under 20% vpip) aggressive (over 5% in think PFR), but neutral and not that aggressive postflop. The difference between him and moneybag is that moneybag is more aggressive postflop.

KaiShin
03-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Hm well, I guess you still have the OESD, so yeah that would be pretty terrible /images/graemlins/smile.gif