PDA

View Full Version : Marginal Call then Bad Call of Raise?

waynethetrain
03-03-2005, 03:41 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

btspider
03-03-2005, 03:51 PM
fold PF if you can't find a bet on this flop.

bet the flop.

calling the turn raise is not even a close decision. why do you think its bad (other than feeling the after effects of the unexpected raise itself).

bet the flop.

calling the first turn bet seems fine. you've got some Ace outs and some severely discounted 8 outs. the guy could be bluffing, betting 2x, 6x.

did i say bet the flop. well, just for good measure.

bet the flop.

bottomset
03-03-2005, 03:57 PM
^^listen to that

start responding to other hands you learn more there, don't worry about being wrong just give your advice

@bsolute_luck
03-03-2005, 04:45 PM
um....question: is this hand to be played because of the folds in front and late position? generally i don't play these hands, so i'm just wondering.

waynethetrain
03-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Naturally, I was looking to steal with A8o. I was a little surprised I got called by 2 players. I guess I should have bet the flop, but I was spooked by 2 callers and the Q on the flop.

"calling the turn raise is not even a close decision. why do you think its bad (other than feeling the after effects of the unexpected raise itself)."

The first turn call was OK because I had outs and implied odds despite the small pot.

I thought the raise call was suspect because there was some potential for someone to already have the flush I was drawing to - which lowered the probability of me getting it and nullied all my other outs. At a minimum, I thought the 3rd diamond combined with a raise meant that one or two of my outs was gone.

I don't think it was a disasterous play.

It was just one of 3 plays from my last session where I wasn't sure I played the hand correctly.

The winning hand was a flush.