PDA

View Full Version : I think I could have played this better

AlmightyJay
03-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Not that this hand was bad, by any means, but I feel like I didn't play it optimally. In retrospect, I think I should have bet out on the flop and gone for overcalls on the turn. This was a few days ago, so I don't remember any reads, sorry. Opinions?

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(9 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls.

River: (20.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 23.50 BB

Entity
03-03-2005, 03:21 PM
I'd bet the flop, but I'd play the turn the same way as you. This isn't a situation for overcalls, because if the players you're up against will call one bet on the river, they'll often call two here.

Rob

davelin
03-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Bet the flop. Nice pot.

PuckNPoker
03-03-2005, 03:32 PM
How about betting the flop and 3 betting when it gets back to you? I think from a pot equity point of view that would be a good play. Yes / No?

Thigh
03-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Why would you bet the flop? Shouldn't you try to get a free card here considering you don't have a made hand? Also, since he checked and then limped in, doesn't that hide his hand a little more? Thanks for any help.

davelin
03-03-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about betting the flop and 3 betting when it gets back to you? I think from a pot equity point of view that would be a good play. Yes / No?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends. You could be shutting out callers.

AlmightyJay
03-03-2005, 03:37 PM
I have a REALLY good draw and want to build the pot.

davelin
03-03-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you bet the flop? Shouldn't you try to get a free card here considering you don't have a made hand? Also, since he checked and then limped in, doesn't that hide his hand a little more? Thanks for any help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has a huge equity draw here. Not having bets put in on the flop would be passing up Hero's equity margin here. His equity is over 33% IMO and he easily can get more than 2 callers here.

Betting here doesn't reveal much about Hero's hand.

bottomset
03-03-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has a huge equity draw here. Not having bets put in on the flop would be passing up Hero's equity margin here. His equity is over 33% IMO and he easily can get more than 2 callers here.

Betting here doesn't reveal much about Hero's hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly and you get a very disguised hand when you hit the gutshot, as noone expects it