PDA

View Full Version : River Overbet (NL50 6max) - Xpost

Reef
03-03-2005, 02:44 PM
Villian is 67/13 after 60 hands. He has average aggression, but is still somewhat fishy/stationy.

party NL50 6-max, Hero is in SB w/ 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Seat 1: UTG
Seat 2: MP
Seat 3: CO
Seat 4: VILLIAN ( $132.98)
Seat 5: Hero ( $168.05)
Seat 6: BB

UTG folds.
MP calls (0.5)
CO calls (0.5)
VILLIAN calls (0.5)
Hero (0.25)
BB checks.

Flop (5-handed): [ K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
Hero checks.
BB checks.
UTG checks.
MP checks.
VILLIAN bets (3)
Hero calls (3)
BB folds.
UTG folds.
MP calls (3)

Turn (3-handed, pot ~$10): [ Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Hero bets (8)
MP calls (8)
VILLIAN calls (8)

Dealing River (HU, pot ~$32) : [ K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Hero bets (156.55 all-In).

I put villian on top pair earlier, and I knew there was a very good chance he just improved - and could not muck. He was also deep stacked with $120 left.

I know my flop play may have been bad, but please focus on the river. Love it? Hate it? I'm relatively new to NL, so all thoughts appreciated

Reef
03-03-2005, 07:10 PM
rump?

Elem100
03-03-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm new to 2+2 but I exclusively play 6 max tournament (single and multi table), I see 80% of flops at the moment just to practice post flop play. My opinions;

First off I'd potbet or overbet this flop. Flopping a set in 6-max doesnt get paid like in 10-seater because as is nearly always the case in 6-max, nobody has much of the flop. A king won't fold if there's one out there.

On the turn you come out firing, out of position, into the aggressor and a cold caller, with a turn card that cant possibly have helped you - you might as well shout from the rooftop that you've been slow playing 2-pair or better on the flop. He may be fishish as you claim, but even he must think you think you are ahead, so his flat call here is either a trap (KQ perhaps) or possibly a weak king hoping for a free river.

Either way he's only calling your bet on the river with a better full house, or if you're very lucky, 66, given the way the hand progressed, assuming he has a brain. I would just bet 25 and call a raise. (And if he would have been fish enough to call an all in with K-x, he will reraise now, so you dont lose out from the fish factor).

Just my two cents.