PDA

View Full Version : A hot streak, a big head, a crash, and the climb back

A_PLUS
03-03-2005, 02:35 PM
You know it has been a bad week when you cant bring yourself to open up pokercharts.com. Bad, bad, bad. I wish I even had a decent bad beat story to tell for it. I was coming off a 1500$ week (a lot for me), so I got sloppy. Multi-tabling 6-person 50$ SNGs on UB, Playing 30-50$ MTT when I should have been sleeping, then promptly playing another 50$ SNG when I lost, etc.

The worst part is, I leave for Vegas in a week. I went from comfortably playing 1-2 NL for 5 days, to hoping to hit it big at Keno.

So, now I have 7 days to rebuild a broken bankroll. Thank god for the party reload and my unused pokernow bonus.

I am so desperate, I am even going to listen to Scuba's advice for the 10-20$ SNGs.

Here is my plan.
Clearing bonus:
2 25$ or 50$ NL tables
1-2 10$ SNGs

Then I will 2-3 table 10$ SNGs, + 1 50-100$ max ring.

I will post my results, hopefully it will keep my on track.

Start:
800$ (100$ in party bonus, 100$ in pokernow bonus).

Goal: 1300$+

No more playing over my head, no more dead bluffs, no more playing like the players I have been making money off of for the last 6 months.

Id appreciate any thoughts, suggestions.

PSUinDC
03-03-2005, 02:43 PM
I've only been on party for about a month now... what is this Reload Bonus and how do i get it?

A_PLUS
03-03-2005, 02:44 PM
It may have expired, either today or yesterday.

check out bonuswhores.com.

skipperbob
03-03-2005, 03:16 PM
1.) kiss your ass goodbye...2.) Check w/ Yugo to learn simple slavic verbs /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Yugoslavian
03-03-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wish I even had a decent bad beat story to tell for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm. No you don't. Although Irie has been MIA for a day or so......so now would be one of the times to try and get away with posting one.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav

johnnybeef
03-03-2005, 04:11 PM
if you are used to playing the sngs at ub id steer clear of the party sngs as it takes a couple of days to get used to the format. considering that you are trying to get up quick you should stick to the nl games...furthermore, you can't work off bonuses playing the sngs at party.

A_PLUS
03-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I was originally a UB only SNG player, then switched to the party skins for the $/hr opportunities. It did take me a while to get used to them.
Im not playing the SNGs to clear the bonus. I just dont like to play more than 2 ring games at a time, so I can get a better feel for who the fish are at the table. Adding on a 10+1 SNG wont reqire much additional time or thought.

11t
03-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Good bankroll management imo is the hallmark of a winning poker player. I know so many people that go hot then play outside of their limits then prompty go on a big losing streak or go broke.

I would also suggest watching to make sure you are not leaking your profits from SNG and ring games into MTTs. That is another big problem I have noticed among winning players.

A_PLUS
03-03-2005, 05:12 PM
You couldn't be more right. I was guilty of both. The 'playing beyond my means' hopefully has been corrected.

As for the MTT leak, I think it depends on the player and your goals. Personally, I could never strictly play MTT's. The variance is too large. But I think I am a +EV MTT player. Since I have began keeping records, I show a decent profit on them (lower $/hr though). I am willing to supplement my MTT habit with my SNG and ring game winnings. It helps keep the game fun for me. Also, I am a serious player, and I enjoy the money I make, but I am not a pro. If I blow 100-150$ a month playing small buy in MTTs, I can live with that.

A_PLUS
03-07-2005, 10:37 AM
After about 160$ worth of 3 outers caught against me. I still managed to pull almost 200$ playing 25max NL, and 4 tabling 10+1 SNGs.

It really became clear, how much this forum has warped my party SNG game. I had a friend watching me play, who couldnt believe that I was folding 66 on the button, AT, etc. Only to start open pushing A9s, 20 minutes later.

Two more days of work, before I leave for Vegas. Anyone have any recomendations?

skipperbob
03-07-2005, 11:15 AM
Stay away from Irieguy & ChickenPherzen; they will lead you astray /images/graemlins/grin.gif