PDA

View Full Version : My paintings!

SpicyF
03-03-2005, 02:31 PM
No, I have not stopped my new hobby!

I have some good paintings coming up that will blow you all away. I am working with larger canvases now and expect to have a 2+2 auction up soon for one of my paintings.

Just so all you haters can get ready with your witty remarks in time!!!

mmbt0ne
03-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Would it be possible to commission a work? I'm moving off campus into an apartment in May, and I would really like to have an 'R' painting to hang in my room. I really like blues, but this red phase of yours is quite intriguing as well.

jakethebake
03-03-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would it be possible to commission a work? I'm moving off campus into an apartment in May, and I would really like to have an 'R' painting to hang in my room. I really like blues, but this red phase of yours is quite intriguing as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

SpicyF
03-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I think you want to buy something cheaper, maybe a Van Gogh...

pshreck
03-03-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet the beginning of another Spicy thread where it seems like everyone is mocking him, but I cant tell. People actually like the paintings, like enough to buy? This I really dont get.

The Yugoslavian
03-03-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

[/ QUOTE ]

SpicyF
03-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Just because 10-12 guys "mock" me it does not mean that the general mass does so. 100 000 fans, 10-12 mockers. I like it.

Happy bird likes it.

pshreck
03-03-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just because 10-12 guys "mock" me it does not mean that the general mass does so. 100 000 fans, 10-12 mockers. I like it.

Happy bird likes it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I cant tell if this is a joke or not.

Shajen
03-03-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Happy bird likes it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy bird is transcendental. Do not let the insolence of a few peasants bring down your kingly reign.

Paint on, Picasso, paint on.

SpicyF
03-03-2005, 02:58 PM
This is why you are in the group of 10-12 guys, and the rest of us are not!

Marnixvdb
03-03-2005, 03:05 PM
it have always been the ill-informed mockers that have unwillingly contributed to the success of artists who were way ahead of their times. In that respect, I can only encourage the mockery. The masses will do the rest.

I am very anxious to see new work

Marnix

Shajen
03-03-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it have always been the ill-informed mockers that have unwillingly contributed to the success of artists who were way ahead of their times. In that respect, I can only encourage the mockery. The masses will do the rest.

I am very anxious to see new work

Marnix

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't being facetious, or malicious.

bdk3clash
03-03-2005, 03:36 PM
I would pay a fair amount for a SpicyF original or a lithograph/print. I'm afraid other 2+2ers will be willing to pay a lot more than me.

I'm not joking--I'm a big fan of SpicyF and his paintings. I doubt I'd care about them if I didn't know he was the artist, but I know that he is so I do. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jakethebake
03-03-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would pay a fair amount for a SpicyF original or a lithograph/print.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lithograph/print...lol.

pshreck
03-03-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would pay a fair amount for a SpicyF original or a lithograph/print. I'm afraid other 2+2ers will be willing to pay a lot more than me.

I'm not joking--I'm a big fan of SpicyF and his paintings. I doubt I'd care about them if I didn't know he was the artist, but I know that he is so I do. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a fair amount? This is really amusing to me. And those who are paying more, how much do you think they will pay for something like the letter E or a picture of deformed bird.

BradleyT
03-03-2005, 03:52 PM
If he eBays a painting we can set up a poll to get a consensus on what people think they're A) worth B) going to sell for.

jakethebake
03-03-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he eBays a painting we can set up a poll to get a consensus on what people think they're A) worth B) going to sell for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we can put together an OOT consortium of investors. Each kick in say $0.05 or so?

pshreck
03-03-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If its more than the cost of the supplies to paint them, we could all be rich from doing this.

sfer
03-03-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If its more than the cost of the supplies to paint them, we could all be rich from doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I value my time at a rate substantially higher than $0/hr. So does my employer.

jakethebake
03-03-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
POTD!

pshreck
03-03-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you.

riffraff
03-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Where can we see your paintings?

bdk3clash
03-03-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth I wouldn't pay anything for a painting by, for example, you. (No flame intended.)

SpicyF is a freaksihly good (though frustratingly infrequent) strategy poster who plays in big games. He has made some pretty amazing strategy posts in my opinion. It would be cool to own a painting done by anyone whose work in some other field you admire (and who isn't a professional artist.)

pshreck
03-03-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth I wouldn't pay anything for a painting by, for example, you. (No flame intended.)

SpicyF is a freaksihly good (though frustratingly infrequent) strategy poster who plays in big games. He has made some pretty amazing strategy posts in my opinion. It would be cool to own a painting done by anyone whose work in some other field you admire (and who isn't a professional artist.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This reasoning can be torn apart in so many ways, but its your own reasoning, and if Spicy can profit off it then good for him.

I like art that is actually defined by the work, and not the success of the artist in a field not related to art.

jakethebake
03-03-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like art that is actually defined by the work, and not the success of the artist in a field not related to art.

[/ QUOTE ]

nolanfan34
03-03-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This reasoning can be torn apart in so many ways, but its your own reasoning, and if Spicy can profit off it then good for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you are way over-analyzing this painting thing. Calm down.

pshreck
03-03-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you are way over-analyzing this painting thing. Calm down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha right, I should calm myself?

DavidC
03-03-2005, 04:11 PM
I think I've figured out the secret on how to acquire original art for cheap:

1) Travel to 3rd world countries (sad, but true).

2) Purchase antique art by non-famous artists.

Famous dead artists command high prices because people want their stuff, but there isn't any more being produced. It's also a piece of history.

Living artists command high prices because the bastards need to eat. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

That being said, if you look through antique shops and at art auctions you can find some pretty decent stuff for not too bad a price.

At art auctions people will often bid for an unimportant painting just to get the frame. If you know this, you could probably work something out with them.

Just putting out some thoughts for the art-inclined, but poor poker players in the crowd.

-Dave-.

Ulysses
03-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Spicy is the greatest. Bird is the happiest.

beerbandit
03-03-2005, 04:14 PM
they been posted periodically over the last month maybe

just do a search of spicyf for two months and the should come up

cheers

bdk3clash
03-03-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Please elaborate.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough. As I stated, I have a lot of respect for SpicyF and I think it would be cool (whatever that means) to own a painting done by him.

Furthermore, I am willing to pay some sum of money because of the enjoyment/satisfaction/utility I will get from possessing said painting.

If you feel differently, that's fine. I don't expect anyone to value things the same way I do, particularly for something as subjective and personal as art. But for you to say that my "reasoning can be torn apart in so many ways" (without providing any) is unfair.

jakethebake
03-03-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But for you to say that my "reasoning can be torn apart in so many ways" (without providing any) is unfair.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what?

daryn
03-03-2005, 04:23 PM
spicy knows who's who on this forum. i want art!

jakethebake
03-03-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like Sly Stallone's work in Rambo: First Blood III but have you seen his paintings? Horrendous! Why would I want one? I'll just keep watching the movie thanks.

bdk3clash
03-03-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But for you to say that my "reasoning can be torn apart in so many ways" (without providing any) is unfair.

[/ QUOTE ]

so what?

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I didn't really mean "unfair," I meant "incorrect," "illogical," and "wrong."

pshreck
03-03-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, your right. I'm implying that it just doesn't make any logical sense to pay for a painting for these reasons.

However, to me this is comparable to people using anal beads and getting horny from excrement coming out of their girlfriends ass. Who am I to say they are stupid? They get pleasure from it... same as some people from ridiculous paintings that dont show creativity or any art skill.

Your reasons are you own, and you are right that I cannot tell you they are wrong.

The Dude
03-03-2005, 04:29 PM
I would actually bid on one or two of your paintings, and I'm not kidding.

bdk3clash
03-03-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really like Sly Stallone's work in Rambo: First Blood III but have you seen his paintings? Horrendous! Why would I want one? I'll just keep watching the movie thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
I personally wouldn't attach much value to a painting by Sylvester Stallone, but if someone else did I wouldn't refer to them as "unresaonble" (your terminology), just "different."

jakethebake
03-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Next time just use this...

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v24/jessucka/napoleon6.jpg

citanul
03-03-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
POTD!

[/ QUOTE ]

So far, in this thread, you've marked two things as the POTD, today.

citanul

jakethebake
03-03-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
POTD!

[/ QUOTE ]
So far, in this thread, you've marked two things as the POTD, today. citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. Poor form. I really try to only use POTD once a day, but I changed my mind.

bdk3clash
03-03-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know what, your right. I'm implying that it just doesn't make any logical sense to pay for a painting for these reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
However, to me this is comparable to people using anal beads and getting horny from excrement coming out of their girlfriends ass. Who am I to say they are stupid? They get pleasure from it... same as some people from ridiculous paintings that dont show creativity or any art skill.

[/ QUOTE ]
Worst concession ever!

Lazymeatball
03-03-2005, 04:35 PM
I find jakethebake overuses the POTD expression far too much, and this is just the most recent example of it. I'm highly suspicious of his judging criteria and whether he even evaluates all posts on any given day.

He should get back to making posts about his new bar vs his old bar.

pshreck
03-03-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Worst concession ever!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh crap dont tell me you are into anal beads too.

bdk3clash
03-03-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Worst concession ever!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh crap dont tell me you are into anal beads too.

[/ QUOTE ]
How did you...!? THAT'S NOT RELEVANT TO THIS DISCUSSION!

jakethebake
03-03-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. The paintings aren't so bad. I just find it very weird that someone would buy them because he likes Spicy's strategy postings.

jakethebake
03-03-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find jakethebake overuses the POTD expression far too much, and this is just the most recent example of it. I'm highly suspicious of his judging criteria and whether he even evaluates all posts on any given day.

He should get back to making posts about his new bar vs his old bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?!!! I probably average a twice a week use of POTD. And have never before used it twice in a day (although I admit it was terribly gauche).

The Dude
03-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Strategy postings? Huh? I just want the art.

daryn
03-03-2005, 04:41 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. The paintings aren't so bad. I just find it very weird that someone would buy them because he likes Spicy's strategy postings.

[/ QUOTE ]

is it weird that i want to buy them because spicy is God?

B Dids
03-03-2005, 06:19 PM
I'ts not the just the strategy. It's Spicy. If you don't understand... your loss.

Skjonne
03-03-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
.......expect to have a 2+2 auction up soon for one of my paintings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say: Cut off an ear before the auction. Absolutely +EV

DavidC
03-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Someone please tell me where I can find pictures of these paintings. /images/graemlins/smile.gif